playMaker

Author Topic: Qualcomm Augmented Reality tracking action  (Read 7830 times)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Qualcomm Augmented Reality tracking action
« on: June 28, 2011, 02:04:58 PM »
Been playing with Qualcomm's Augmented Reality API for Unity + Android: http://developer.qualcomm.com/dev/augmented-reality

It's very cool stuff! Augmented Reality + Playmaker is even better!

Here's a custom action to handle Trackable events, e.g., when a trackable object is found/lost.

NOTE: You must have the Qualcomm Augmented Reality API installed to use this action!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Re: Qualcomm Augmented Reality tracking action
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 05:04:35 AM »
Hi,

Yes, AR is utterly cool! I have been playing with String on my end, and thought about doing a custom set of actions for playmaker, but I am not sure if that would be suitable, as the way they implemented gives me a hard time finding how playmaker could help.

I need to study your implementation for qualcomm and see if that can be applied to String, cause then if we find a common denominator, that's great. Playmaker could be used as a middle man and the various technology used would not matter within playmaker. You could switch to qualcom or String "without changing anything" in playmaker. Could be a nice feature.

Bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 10:20:44 AM »
That would be cool. I played with String too and it's very cool - but their prices are crazy! Qualcomm's API actually seems more powerful (e.g., the whole trackable frame doesn't need to be in view), and apparently an iOS version is coming in July. If it's still free on iOS, it will be very interesting to see what String does with their pricing model...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 05:49:32 AM »
ah, nice infos, thanks, I will try it then. Yes prices are high for String, I agree, but I think they aim at big projects and clients.