playMaker

Author Topic: Set Property action can't reach Line Renderer's specific parameters  (Read 4483 times)

Andrew.Lukasik

• my twitter @andrewlukasik
Set Property action can't reach Line Renderer's specific parameters. Is it a bug or am I missing something?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

What specific parameter? I just tried, and I have everything listed it seems.

bye,

Jean

Andrew.Lukasik

Hi,
 I want to reach properties like Positions, Start/End Width and Colors. Are you seeing them?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Hi,

I see, it's simply because they are not properties, you only define them by calling methods ( SetPosition(), SetWidth,SetColors())

So, yeah, these would need special actions, it's outside the scope of get/set property.

bye,

Jean

Andrew.Lukasik

Thank you for explaining that I didn't know.
 It just seemed natural to be able to access them that way. Playmaker probably should take advantage of that when drag-and-dropping by maybe suggesting not only Get/Set Property but also yet another proper action.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
hi,

that's one problem indeed, that's where custom actions comes in. Also This is something that the Unity Api should expose as properties, but it's always a difficult situation, because when scripting, that never is a problem, it's only when you want to add an abstraction layers that some API becomes difficult/impossible to port properly in a visual environment. Vectrosity is a typical example cause it follows the same API patterns, using very powerful method signatures, which makes it impossible to expose properly visually ( almost impossible)

bye,

Jean