playMaker

Author Topic: [Request] Unity3d Stealth Project Cam  (Read 7055 times)

enderki

• Playmaker Newbie
[Request] Unity3d Stealth Project Cam
« on: May 27, 2013, 06:04:53 AM »
Hey all,
new to most everything confusing in unity mostly scripting so i got this fancy addon. Though now I'm little curious about how to convert C# or a java format into playmaker. mostly with camera data such as the one from the Unity3d stealth project, http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/projects/stealth/camera-movement.
sorry I feel kind of ashamed to request for a tutorial of a tutorial, lol.
but I do like the dynamics of this camera a lot and while they do provide the source code I kind of would like to see how one would tackle such a task.

-cheers

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: [Request] Unity3d Stealth Project Cam
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 01:41:29 AM »
Hi,

The camera work is very simple in that tutorial, tho you need some custom action to work with quaternions.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W967

with these new actions, you will be able to do the same as that tutorial, the key is to use "QuaternionLerp"

Does that help? if you have problem implementing this, let me know.

We talked about creating the stealth project in PlayMaker, so that might be a good starting point actually :)

bye,

Jean

enderki

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 10:53:33 PM »
maybe but the Quaternion section is the same as me using the smooth look at node? I maybe over think this so just ask this as conformation.
Most interested in the self correcting aspect of it the array lerping between standarPos and abovePos using raycasting. Unless you ment using Quaternions to correct the line of sight issues.

thanks for getting back btw

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 01:08:43 AM »
Hi,

yes, I meant using quaternions exactly like they do in that script.

Doing the "checkPoints" is straighForward, you have a Vector3Lerp action for this too.

Bye,

Jean

cschlue

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 05:16:27 AM »
I managed to recreate this pretty closely in playmaker after looking around to see if anyone had done it yet, it's not perfect but with a little polish it should be pretty close, the camera follows along pretty well. Only complaint is it can be a little slow to react at times.

If someone would like me to do a write up of it later on let me know and if i have time i will, you can figure out most of it by watching the video though.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 05:18:17 AM by cschlue »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 04:53:14 AM »
Hi,

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. I guess you are very welcome to explain how you proceeded. A lot of members will appreciate this I am sure.

bye,

Jean