playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker Killing my framerate  (Read 4313 times)

Ombra

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker Killing my framerate
« on: May 29, 2013, 08:44:18 PM »
Hey
I just bought playmaker to use it with environment and camera work.
My game is a third personshooter and when I am using playmaker to rotate the camera when the player goes down certain corridors. I have a trigger setup that on  enter the camera itweens 90 degrees. It works fine when testing it on my pc but as soon as I build it and try to run it on my galaxy nexus or galaxy note the framerate drops from 30 to 5-7 and the game lags out so much that weird things start happening such as the player controller pushing the character through walls. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I'll try and build a sample scene when I get home.
Ombra

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Playmaker Killing my framerate
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 12:33:06 AM »
Hi,

Without more information on what actions and how you use them, it's going to be difficult to give advices.

It could well be something else, have you ruled out the rest? that is even if your character does nothing ( playmaker out of the game), does the framerate goes up back to 30? Most time, it could be that you are doing something costly either with meshes, textures, shaders, or physics, and that's what cause the lag, not the use playmaker per say.

Do you have Unity Pro? if so, can you run the profiler, you'll see what takes the most time, and you should work on that aspect then.

bye,

Jean

lioncirth

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 07:18:16 AM »
How are your draw calls?

Something I noticed was my draw calls were very high - I removed the playmaker state labels and this dropped a lot.

If you are working on a mobile device you want to look at further optimization - making sure all textures are grouped together is a good option.

Check your shaders and perhapes use mobile/diffuse

Also have a look at the lights that you have - these will kill your frame rate

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 09:51:07 AM »
Which iTween action are you using?
Does the FPS return after the camera stops turning?
How is the command executed - on the camera or by sending a rotation from a different FSM?
How do you trigger this event?
Can you post a screenshot of the FSM?
What else happens when the camera turns? Anything significant?
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D