playMaker

Author Topic: Not sure its a bug, but it sux a bit anyway.  (Read 2479 times)

Slater

Not sure its a bug, but it sux a bit anyway.
« on: June 06, 2013, 06:21:38 PM »
The app I have created, Hanna & Henri, is already out on the App Store and there is no bugs in that version at all. I created it with Unity 3d version 3.9 (latest of it) and playmaker 1.5. Now that Unity 3d let you use the latest version of their software with basic free also for mobile I thought it was time to upgrade to 4.13 and also update to Playmaker 1.6 since that is the latest. And now there are loads of suff not working that I have to sort out. Feels kind of sucky.

The first thing I have noticed now is that on the character Henri, I have a subobject(empty) called clothes and under that I have empty objects for pants, shirts and sox. All those empty objects have been disabled and underneath them I have 9 objects of shirts, 9 pants and 9 sox, all disabled. Then I have an FSM that is an intswitch that activates ints 1-9 depending on players choice and then I use "activate game object" to activate correct pants, shirts and sox. But since I upgraded it doesnt let me have the parent object inactivated in order for the child to be activated. Why is this? I guess it might be a thing in Unity 3d and not in Playmaker, Im not sure. Any recommendation, comments?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Not sure its a bug, but it sux a bit anyway.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 01:12:59 AM »
Hi,

Unity 4 has a totally different way of dealing with activating deactivating childs.

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/324130/unity4-active-replacement.html

bye,

Jean