playMaker

Author Topic: Conflicting touch events causing crash?[SOLVED]  (Read 2771 times)

Clockwork Wolf

• Playmaker Newbie
Conflicting touch events causing crash?[SOLVED]
« on: June 06, 2013, 11:49:20 PM »
Hello all!
I'm encountering an odd crash in Unity, and I'm wondering if it's because I'm not using the touch events correctly?

I have a cube parented to the mainCamera, which has a fsm using touch object. Upon detecting a touch on the cube, I move to another state which rotates a cube in the scene. It returns to the wait state upon touch end, else it continuously rotates the cube.

The also exists a gameObject with an FSM that I am using to detect finger drags along the screen with Touch Event, and then moves to a state that drives the rotation of a null. With the later FSM engaged, it tends to crash Unity on the phone or tablet (Nexus 4, Kindle Fire HD)

I can't seem to figure out why - is this because the events are overlapping?

Please find attached a bare bones unity file, hopefully the playmaker FSMs come through properly.

I've also got an unlisted youtube video demonstrating this crash. Thanks for any pointers!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:22:11 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Conflicting touch events causing crash?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 01:34:17 AM »
Hi,

ok few things:

-- don't check "normalize" on the action "get touch info", this will give you an output ranging from 0 to 1 ( 1 being the width or height of the screen).

-- don't use the delta time of the "get touch info" since you have ticked "Per seconds" in the "rotate" action ( so get rid also of the float divide"

once you do that, everything is much better and dragging works as expected.

bye,

Jean

Clockwork Wolf

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 11:03:01 AM »
Hi Jean, thanks for the help! I will try your suggestions and let you know.

Cheers!

Clockwork Wolf

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 12:09:37 AM »
Hi Jean!
I tried your suggestions and they worked perfectly! Thank you so much.

I think I understand why we do not need to use the change in time when using the seconds checkbox, but why would the things I'd originally done cause the crash?

It's not a divide by zero or floating point precision thing, is it?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 01:09:02 AM »
Hi,

Yes, it was actually, simply because you where doing the wrong set of procedures.

did you got it working?

bye,

Jean

Clockwork Wolf

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 09:15:36 AM »
Hi Jean,
Yes it is all working, thanks alot for your help. I wish I had unity pro, the debug over usb may be helpful in this case. Thanks again!