playMaker

Author Topic: GUI Label freezing FSM progression?  (Read 1847 times)

Gevarre

• Playmaker Newbie
GUI Label freezing FSM progression?
« on: June 25, 2013, 05:31:19 PM »
I may be using this wrong, but since there is very little documentation on this playmaker action, I'll ask about it here.

I've got an FSM set up where I have a GUI Label action set to print my current health to the screen. I would expect the action to create the label with the appropriate text and so on, and then move on to the next action.

The trouble is, it seems to be creating the label, and then it just sits in that action. The checkbox for it at runtime is green, but any actions that follow it are never called and using a "Finished" transition after it never happens. If I uncheck the checkbox next to that action, then everything else works perfectly.

Anyone else seeing this?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: GUI Label freezing FSM progression?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 05:52:14 AM »
Hi,

-- I don't experience actions not being processed after a gui label. I have for example a float add and it works.

-- gui label are running everyframe by default, ( actually not even running everyframe, simply outputing the gui label within unity framework, and that is a constant call). So gui actions never finishes actually, the only way to finish a gui action is to exit the state.

If you want to exit that state, be aware that the label you defined will disappear. gui actions are not persistant. they obey the state lifetime.

bye,

Jean