playMaker

Author Topic: Orthello Actions  (Read 2167 times)

Shebhnt

• Playmaker Newbie
Orthello Actions
« on: July 12, 2013, 06:36:55 PM »
I was wondering if anyone out there could work on some custom actions for orthello.  I'm using the free version and it would be great even just to have a play orthello animation action.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Orthello Actions
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 03:32:24 AM »
Hi,

I had a look, and you can already trigger simply play actions to a sprite by sending message or invoking methods on your animated sprite. for example, use the action "Invoke method" on your sprite, select "OTanimatingSprite", and then you have access to all the playback methods ( they are all listed)

bye,

Jean

Shebhnt

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Orthello Actions
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 06:51:23 PM »
Thanks for the reply Jean

The invoke method kind of works.  This is what I mean.  It will play the animation but it will play all the sprites on the character sheet, not just a specific animation.  I did look on their website and saw that you would use "play(...)" to call a specific animation but when I try to do that in the "Method Name" spot it just doesn't work period.

I think I may just end up getting 2d toolkit though, it seems like since all the actions are there it may make this whole process a lot easier.

EDIT: After following the 2d videos on the Playmaker channel on youtube, I was able to get 2d sprites working that way.  Not the most efficient but ti works as you can see here: http://www.shelbeyhuntsapps.com/tests/animation_test.html
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 06:12:37 PM by Shebhnt »