playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker to iTween to NGUI rotation issue [SOLVED]  (Read 3427 times)

Tkfore21

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker to iTween to NGUI rotation issue [SOLVED]
« on: July 22, 2013, 10:18:31 PM »
I'm loving Playmaker and all it can do, however I ran into something that is confusing me.  I'm creating a Pause button in NGUI, and want it to raise the whole "Panel", which contains the rest of buttons and backgrounds, when pressed.  The button click is not an issue, it's the result after the "On Press".
Image 01 shows the basic layout with placeholder items, with the Pause Menu Button at the bottom.  It also shows what I want iTween to do with the "Move to" action.
Image 02 shows the Inspector value and position.

When I click on PLAY and then the Pause Menu, it moves, but flips 90 degrees.

Image 03 will show the result, and Image 04 shows the new position for this item.

Any ideas?  Is it something I'm missing, or should not have done?  Or is there a better way of doing what I'm trying to accomplish?
Thanks in advance for any help.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 11:46:36 AM by Tkfore21 »

Tkfore21

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Playmaker to iTween to NGUI rotation issue
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 08:43:01 PM »
Ok, so I'm still hoping to get some help on this, so I made a quick video so you can see what is going on. Please see the description on the original post for the details.

Tkfore21

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Playmaker to iTween to NGUI rotation issue [SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 11:50:14 AM »
Ok.  I kept beating my head against this until it was working.  It turns out that the setting for iTween, in the "LookAt" section called "Orient to Path" needs to be unchecked, even though it is set to "none" for each setting.  This also means that you can't try to set it to the Y variable, as this will do even more messed up things.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Playmaker to iTween to NGUI rotation issue [SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 05:51:44 AM »
Hi,

don't use itween when you work with ngui, instead use ngui own tween system, it has a lot in store to do this.

Use this action to control bgui tween from playmaker if you need to.

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=3536.msg16279#msg16279

bye,

Jean