playMaker

Author Topic: BUG - Photon View RPC Broadcast FSM Event To Player  (Read 2081 times)

Fletch

• Junior Playmaker
    • SneakOnTheLot.com
BUG - Photon View RPC Broadcast FSM Event To Player
« on: July 24, 2013, 02:37:42 PM »
Alright, I've been messing with this now for over a week and have a few things to report.

I've actually got the Event To Player to fire but only when the action that is catching the event is on the same object.  That seems like an error to me but whatever.

The next issue, and the biggest one in my opinion, is when you do manage to get the thing to fire correctly, it doesn't send the right game object that it was fired from.  I'm catching the event with a Get Event Info, where I'm capturing the Game Object and a string that was sent when the event was broadcast to the player.  It sends the string fine but then gives me a game object which I know for a fact didn't send the message.  In fact, I can turn off the FSM which the Get Event Info says is sending the message and then it just gives me some other game object. 

When I use the exact same Get Event Info with the Photon View RPC Broadcast FSM Event to all players then the correct game object is delivered.

This then leads me to believe that there must be something buggy about the To Players version of the Photon RPC Broadcast.

I used the Chat Users List FSM as the model for mine and the difference was that in the Get Event Info, the chat never looks to see what game object sent it.  So as a test, I decided to create a phony game object variable and plug it into the Get Event Info within the chat FSM and sure enough, it's saying the event was fired off by some random game object.  This would indicate that the Photon View RPC Broadcast FSM Event To Player has a bug in it.  Cost me a week to figure it out.   :'(

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: BUG - Photon View RPC Broadcast FSM Event To Player
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 04:53:53 AM »
Hi,

yes, it sends the event from the playmaker proxy.

I have a version that will be shipped in the next update where you can fire a event only to the same networkview across the network, I think this is what you are after right?

Just to confirm, you are aware that firing a RPC event is sending to ALL gameObjects right?

I am not I understand where was your struggle to fire a rpc event? could you elaborate on what was wrong if you are aware of it?

bye,

Jean