playMaker

Author Topic: Mobile Memory and Levels that do not end.  (Read 2182 times)

Meathead

• Playmaker Newbie
Mobile Memory and Levels that do not end.
« on: August 01, 2013, 01:55:38 PM »
Hello

I got a question I am trying to build a game like {Despicable Me: Minion Rush} or Subway Surfers. But I am wondering how would I go with terrain and loading all the meshes.

These games are based on repeating the same models over and over again until you hit something.

Would I just hide them first then show them once the player has hit a trigger. Since in the games it goes faster and faster.

I know my models will have to be very low poly and repeated a lot.

Thanks.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Mobile Memory and Levels that do not end.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 09:48:45 AM »
Hi,

If your level is finite, then you might be able to get away with this. If it's an endless level, then you can't really do that, and you will need a database or a way to spawn stuff randomly as you go.

bye,

Jean

Meathead

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 09:30:58 AM »
So something similar too you're endless road example? Also how would I make it so it does not look exactly the same all the time, would there be a way for it to spawn lets say (prefab set 1) or (prefab set 2) in a location on the game. I could use randomize betwin 1 and 2 with a int.

Since the player will keep running over and over on this infinite level.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 07:19:36 AM »
Hi,

yep, simply have more prefabs, all conforming to some standards so they are seamlessly appended.

you can host all your prefabs in ArrayMaker, and then simply get randoms one from there.

bye,

Jean