playMaker

Author Topic: iTween  (Read 25441 times)

mrgrey

• Playmaker Newbie
iTween
« on: August 24, 2013, 08:28:50 AM »
Hi, I have set up a simple sample scene to test iTween on my phone. I have a plane and a cube. At 2 second intervals the cube will bounce up into the air (add force to Y) and then, through physics it will bounce softly to settle back on the plane. This works fine on both PC and my WP8 device. I then added iTween Rotate Add to the cube so while it is in the air it spins somewhat, lands, waits a little and then repeats. This works fine on my PC but when I build and deploy it to my Lumia 920 it bounces up once (and settles back) and then nothing. It doesn't add the iTween Rotate to the cube and does not repeat. Is there a problem with using iTween on the WP8 platform?

I am new to developing so I may have done something totally stupid  :P

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: iTween
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 08:33:31 AM »
Hi,

I am soon going to be able to test on Lumia 920, meanwhile, do you see anything in the unity logs when you play it on the device?

Have you tried hotween? It has playmaker support:

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=2299.msg10104#msg10104

bye,

Jean

mrgrey

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 08:49:52 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply Jean

As I said I am fairly new to Unity and Playmaker so I don't know how to see unity logs on the device when I play it. Ignore me, just found how to do this: I get the following -

Build from '' branch, version is '4.2.0f4 (38efbd14869d)' (Release build).
Physical memory: 898 MB, commited memory limit: 380 MB.
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 11.0 [level 9.3]
    Renderer: Qualcomm Adreno 225 (WDDM v1.2) (ID=0x32303032)
    Vendor:   Qualcomm
    VRAM:     96 MB
Initialize engine version: 4.2.0f4 (38efbd14869d)
Exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
InnerException: Specified cast is not valid.
AdditionalInfo:Invoking System.Collections.IEnumerator::MoveNext method with argument count: 0
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

at WinRTBridge.MethodTools.InvokeMethod(Object instance, IScriptingMethodWrapper method, Object[] args)

(Filename:  Line: 71)

Hotween looks like an interesting alternative...I'm just not sure how to add it to Playmaker and how to use it

I also have an Android tablet on which to test, so I rebuilt the scene for my Tablet, deployed it and it works as intended, so I'm assuming it is the Lumia not playing nicely  >:(
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 09:18:27 AM by mrgrey »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 10:11:53 AM »
Hi,

I think you are facing what we are trying to fix with iTween. Let me get back to you on this.

As for hotween. simply get hotween and the playmaker custom actions. Hotween works differently then iTween, but it has a visual editor, so basically, you can visually configure the tweening properties.

But first, wait for me to get back to you, I may have what you need.

Bye,

Jean

mrgrey

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 10:30:14 AM »
Thanks again Jean. I must say I am so pleased I invested in Playmaker, its a fantastic tool which has gotten me up to speed so much quicker than trying to learn to code from scratch and as you have shown the support here is second to none.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 11:18:15 AM »
Thanks again Jean. I must say I am so pleased I invested in Playmaker, its a fantastic tool which has gotten me up to speed so much quicker than trying to learn to code from scratch and as you have shown the support here is second to none.

Thanks mrgrey! If you felt like posting a review on the asset store that would be great ;)

There are still some quirks in Unity support for Windows Phone 8. I did some tests with iTween and it seemed to run okay, but it might need some tweaks to run properly. We're helping the author make a version of iTween for Windows 8 Store. Maybe that will run better on Windows Phone 8... I'll do some more tests...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 03:58:40 PM by Alex Chouls »

mrgrey

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 02:24:50 PM »
Hi Alex, thanks again for Playmaker...having such a blast with it.
I would love to leave a review on the Asset store but I bought it directly from your site - for some reason the asset store crashes my Unity so I try not to use it.
Looking forward to any iTween updates

mrgrey

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 09:57:51 AM »
Hi,

I am soon going to be able to test on Lumia 920, meanwhile, do you see anything in the unity logs when you play it on the device?

Have you tried hotween? It has playmaker support:

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=2299.msg10104#msg10104

bye,

Jean
Hey Jean, finally figured out how to get HOtween working with my Unity3d. Tried a quick test and it also does not work with WP8. I get this error:

Error building Player: Exception: Error: type `System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder` doesn't exist in target framework.

Again, it works fine with Android :-(

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 01:44:07 AM »
Hi,

uhm... I'll have a look. Sounds like a lot of framework will have trouble reaching W8..

Bye,

Jean

mrgrey

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 03:10:58 PM »
I don't think Unity is quite ready for wp8. Looking at the alternatives I don't see much of a market on Android, too much app piracy to be worth the time to develop for. My other option is iOS and, as such, I have bought a second hand iMac from eBay tonight. Hopefully I can design and develop on my current pc, then transfer the project to the mac for deployment, and put the wp8 development on the back burner until both it and unity are a more mature match.

garrettskye

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 04:56:45 PM »
Just wondering if there's any update on getting iTween/Playmaker working in WP8?  I just picked up both Playmaker and the WP8 Add-on today, and of course, the first thing I do is implement iTween and realize it doesn't work on WP8 :/  Would love to see this working! 

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 02:41:08 AM »
Hi,

WP8 is indeed in its beginning.

As for iTween support, we are very actively looking for the proper way to provide playmaker user with a working system. So stay tune, it's coming real soon.

bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 12:23:32 AM »
Hi,

Just stumbled upon this thread. I have a working package for iTween support on windows, so if you need this before a release, pm me.

bye,

Jean

4ppleseed

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 11:21:33 AM »
I'm getting loads of errors running my Playmaker/W8 addon game in the Visual Studio emulator. Do you think it's iTween messing around? Can I have the fix too please :D

Looks like this:

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 01:38:34 AM »
Hi,

yes, simply pm me with your email address, I'll send you the packages.

bye,

Jean