playMaker

Author Topic: Weird bug (user error?) with SetProperty (SOLVED)  (Read 2380 times)

markfrancombe

Weird bug (user error?) with SetProperty (SOLVED)
« on: August 30, 2013, 12:21:57 PM »
I was doing a SetProperty just now, (I do it often, sur Im not missing anything) dragged a light into the PlayMaker FSM and DIDNT get a property list pertaining to a Light, instead some generic list of tings..

Here the Screeny...

Whats up with this?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 01:15:19 PM by markfrancombe »

Mayhem

Re: Weird bug (user error?) with SetProperty
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 01:02:51 PM »
Apparently you don't use Get/Set-Property often enough ;)

This Property-List refers to the GameObject itself. Why? Because you dragged the GameObject in the "Target Object"-Field. And you wanted to manipulate the light. So you have to do:

Drag and drop the Light-Component of the Spotlight-Gameobject into the Target-Field, then you'll get the desired list :)

markfrancombe

Re: Weird bug (user error?) with SetProperty
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 01:14:54 PM »
You are right.. must be tired... weirdly I KNEW it had something to do with Alexes hint on the Wiki about needing to use LOCK.. I couldnt for the life of me remember what it was... I think Ive done it right by accident in the past! It makes total sense to drag the thing in the Heirarchy.. but as you say, thats the GO not the ligh component!

You guys.. you rock! Sometimes I get an answer so fast its like we were all on Skype together.. hey.. Thats an idea? Not Skype.. but a chat window?

;)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Weird bug (user error?) with SetProperty (SOLVED)
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 03:26:27 AM »
Hi,

actually, that would be IRC for you. Unity has an IRC channel. but it tends to destroy your productivity big time... cause you are constantly connected, with forums, you can leave it on the side, it will not ping you every minute... :)

bye,

Jean