playMaker

Author Topic: Search system within playmaker  (Read 4074 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Search system within playmaker
« on: July 27, 2011, 07:44:53 AM »
Hi,

As I am pulling my hair out, I take two minutes to share a feature request that would save lots of pain :)

say, I have a send message action calling a particular function. It is very difficult at the moment to actually find exactly where I do call that function in all my fsms ( 58, counted them... ). It could really be reduces to a trivial search for a particular keyword amongst all the fsm, states and actions.

I would really enjoy a simple search system built in the playmaker maker editor, and would return for a given keyword, all fsm/state/action having this keyword referenced. keyword could be orgnized by gameObject names, or author defined fields ( like the method name of the send message action)  etc etc.

Events and variable got a treat on the next release so this will not be anymore as much needed for them, but for actions content, this is something that lacks severely on big projects.

Bye,

Jean

justifun

• 1.2 Beta
Re: Search system within playmaker
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 12:58:09 PM »
I'd like to second this feature request.

perhaps also the ability to tag specific FSM's similar to the way that you can tag game objects in unity so you can find them easily