playMaker

Author Topic: 2 stop errors -override but no suitable method found to override[SOLVED]  (Read 9990 times)

alien

• Playmaker Newbie
I get these 2 errors upon import.

Assets/PurchasedAssets/PlayMaker/Editor/FsmEditorWindow.cs(79,26): error CS0115: `FsmEditorWindow.Initialize()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

Assets/PurchasedAssets/PlayMaker/Editor/FsmEditorWindow.cs(92,26): error CS0115: `FsmEditorWindow.DoGUI()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

running unity free.  full version of playmaker.  Tried to redownload from asset store.  get same error each time.

note:  tried to search forum site, but search function kept crashing.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 02:33:25 AM by jeanfabre »

alien

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: 2 stop errors -override but no suitable method found to override
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 06:19:21 PM »
no response.  love it.  emails to info@ go unanswered.  no responses to forum questions....  how does one get support?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 06:59:27 PM »
Hi, sorry it sometimes takes us a little longer to respond over the weekend. I just checked and I see your mail to info yesterday. I also saw the same question on our unity forum thread and answered, so I must have checked it off mentally as answered!

Anyway, from the error it sounds like you don't have the latest dlls imported. Or Unity hasn't compiled them yet. Did you restart Unity?

If that isn't the problem: Can you import playmaker into a new project? Have you tried Assets > Reimport All?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 07:02:08 PM by Alex Chouls »

alien

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 10:05:32 PM »
The error is persistent, I've tried to restart Unity, reload the playmaker package, etc.  doesn't resolve the issue.  Also tried updating to the newest package (released Friday v1.7.4) without any better results.

From what I can tell unity is finished compiling, looks like it does a little work again on restart of unity, but the errors continue.  I just tried to re-import all and get the same error.

Not sure it's related, but this seemed to coincide with importing the Action Game kit.(http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/168109-Action-game-kit-RPG-Kit-together)

I tried importing Playmaker before and after importing this action game kit and get these errors.  I don't have the same problem in a new project or another project without that game kit.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 10:23:08 PM »
Are there any other errors in the console? E.g., with Action Game Kit.

Any errors can stop unity from compiling editor scripts...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 01:17:27 AM »
Hi,

Yes, you need to look in the project you import for other possible errors that would prevent PlayMaker from initializing. Project must be error free before importing PlayMaker.

To do this, simply delete the PlayMaker folder altogether, and fix the existing errors, and then you can import PlayMaker again.

bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 02:11:32 PM »
So Action Game Kit uses a class name used by Playmaker, and doesn't use namespaces.

To fix this, open FsmEditorWindow.cs and change:

class FsmEditorWindow : BaseEditorWindow

to:

class FsmEditorWindow : HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.BaseEditorWindow

I'll include this change in the next update.

Also, if you're in contact with the Action Game Kit author you might suggest that he uses namespaces :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 02:13:09 PM by Alex Chouls »