playMaker

Author Topic: key down  (Read 3290 times)

Splankton

key down
« on: September 27, 2013, 03:14:14 PM »
Hi is there a way how to simulate a key press held down?
So say if I have a player that can crouch, how can I set a Boolean to hold the crouch button without any input from the player?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: key down
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 02:18:00 AM »
Hi,

you need to insert that logic in between the Unity input and the system that you use to trigger the crouch anim, then you can programmatically maintain or control your character on top of the user input.

what are you using atm?

bye,

Jean

Splankton

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 10:27:25 AM »
Just a movement script that uses a crouch animation with a key press.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 03:18:57 AM »
hi,

Then, edit that script and implement a condition statement that takes into account a boolean flag, and f the boolean flag is on OR input key is down then crouch.

Does that make sense?

bye,

Jean

ashwin782

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 01:17:37 AM »
Common some one solve the original issue first ... about the animation not playing . I too have the same problem, and i have wasted my 1 week on this !. Even playmaker moderator is unable to solve it. Where did he disappear .

I regret buying playmaker , if this is the kind of support you can expect. New buyers be aware about these issues !  >:(

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 02:26:10 AM »
Hi,

The original question on this thread was never replied by the author so we don't know if the solutions proposed worked or not. It likely works because keydown and animation are used on a daily bases by the vast majority of PlayMaker developers, typically, issues with Unity animations are a mix up between legacy animation and the Animator component which is confusing.

Can you explain your problem? do you have a problem with Inputs or Animations? both?

If you are new to PlayMaker, you need to go step by step in learning what each actions does, and watch the HutongGames youtube channel to get all the various design patterns in place. Have you done that already?

also, you never replied to your first post, where I proposed doing a sample, so I am not sure what you expect from forums interaction if you don't reply yourself to make your threads move forward and reach a resolution?

Also, if you don't get a reply within 3 days on your posts, you can pm me directly, and I'll have a look.

Bye,

Jean

detomato

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 06:06:16 AM »
Common some one solve the original issue first ... about the animation not playing . I too have the same problem, and i have wasted my 1 week on this !. Even playmaker moderator is unable to solve it. Where did he disappear .

I regret buying playmaker , if this is the kind of support you can expect. New buyers be aware about these issues !  >:(
did you create a thread about your issue? stop being a whiner.