playMaker

Author Topic: In app purchases with Playmaker  (Read 3810 times)

James_BBS

• Playmaker Newbie
In app purchases with Playmaker
« on: September 30, 2013, 08:24:30 AM »
Hi all,

I understand that Playmaker supports the Prime 31 IAP add on's from the Unity store, however, has anyone used this before? If so, how did it go? Was it simple to implement?

I am looking to implement IAP in one of my apps and if this is a simple method then I'd like to take it, obviously don't want to spend the $70 for Prime 31's add on if it doesn't work properly with Playmaker.

Some advice would be a good help.

Thanks

James

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: In app purchases with Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 03:22:25 AM »
Hi,

It's been implemented and it's working. If you have problems, let me know.

BUT, you have to be prepared, that even within a working system, IAP is really tuff to get in, so you need to be prepare for some quite painfull moments especially if you have never worked with IOS before. Their docs and everything is a real pain at first...

Don't want to scare you, but this is definitly something to be aware of.

bye,

Jean

James_BBS

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 02:20:58 PM »
Ok cool, thanks for your reply. I've worked with them a bit but only as a producer so it will be an experience. If I figure it out I'll try and put together a tutorial for it for others as I know it's something lots of people want. Unless someone has already done one?

This could be interesting...

James_BBS

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 02:24:32 PM »
Oh. I've just noticed actually, you only mention iOS. Is it implemented for Android too? I presume it's the Prime 31 iOS and Android add ons that are the supported ones?

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 07:09:28 PM »
I'm about half way through implementing my iap for iOS (using Prime31 and the Playmaker action (thx Jean) about to test it out and no doubt hit some issues.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 02:32:54 AM »
Hi,

I think iap are distinct for each paltform, so you may have to do it specifically for each OS. Currently, I only ported the IOS version, but maybe it works the same on android, I don't know about that.

bye,

Jean

jasperPT

• I am a VFX Animator teaching myself to make games
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 07:35:05 AM »
Any tutorial you get to do once you figure it all out would be much appreciated!