playMaker

Author Topic: Get Terrain Texture Name At Game Object Position  (Read 12116 times)

terri

• terrivellmann.tumblr.com
Re: Get Terrain Texture Name At Game Object Position[SOLVED]
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2017, 07:07:36 PM »
I felt like I had dealt with this on a project and found this action, tweaked from Dev_Seba's action.
Not 100% sure though but maybe its what you're looking for?

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 01:47:11 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Get Terrain Texture Name At Game Object Position
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2017, 01:56:05 AM »
Hi,

you need to do a ray cast in the down direction, then you will hit the terrain, which will give you access to the gameobject, and then you can query for it name.

have you tried this?

Bye,

Jean

Krillan87

• Beta Group
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 02:54:10 PM »
Hi!

Yes a combination of your two solutions worked. Used the other action to specifyy the gameobject and a regular raycast to store the terrain.

FractalCore

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2020, 01:28:16 AM »
There seems to currently be two scripts for doing this. The older one required you to drag the terrain object on to the variable slot, "hard-coding" it. Not good.

The newer one named "GetTerrainGameObjectTextureName.cs" posted by terri is better. Lets you set the terrain as a variable. However it seems to be in a broken state. I worked out you have to rename three times Void was used with a capital V. It wanted lower case voids.

Only the first one is in the Ecosystem, probably should be removed in favour of the newer one.

Another thing about the second one. It doesn't end. It acts like it's doing it on every frame but there's no option for that. Someone might like to fix it up, cause it's quite a useful action.