playMaker

Author Topic: Wait-Action is flickering?  (Read 2250 times)

Mayhem

Wait-Action is flickering?
« on: November 02, 2013, 03:26:07 PM »
Hey there, so I stumbled about something and I would like to know if this is "normal" behaviour.

So here is the video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/46x2vctpgsweb9z/Wait-Problem.mp4

So there is a State called "Tweenwait (ALPHA OFF) 2", look at this one. It just has the Wait-Action and waits for 0.45 seconds. While I'm doing something on the Gametab the FSM is running and it runs through this certain Wait-State, but as soon it's through (green border determines which state is currently active) it flickers green again for a brief moment after it finishes and the next states are active.

Is this normal?

Edit:

I experienced that with most of my WAIT-States.

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Wait-Action is flickering?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 04:26:05 PM »
I've noticed the flickering too but haven't been able to tell if its a real issue or just some little graphical glitch.

I figured since I couldn't tell then it must be okay. On systems with less states its more obvious, you see it switch states, the green fades, then blinks and fades away again. From what I could tell it wasn't interrupting anything.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Mayhem

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 04:31:24 PM »
Yeah, I also didn't mention anything gamebreaking. No issues at all. But still, I was curious. Thought one of the guys here maybe experienced the same :)

But let's say it's a glitch, that way I can sleep better! :D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 01:47:40 AM »
Hi,

Use debuf flow to trace back exactly what happens in that fsm, that's how I would sleep better :) Debug flow is raw power when it comes to analysing your fsm at runtime, simply hit pause and step back and forth.

bye,

Jean