playMaker

Author Topic: Wii U Support[SOLVED]  (Read 11324 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Wii U Support[SOLVED]
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 01:22:57 AM »
Hi,

Yes, keep hammering them so we can get access to a dev kit to finally support Wii U properly.

Bye,

Jean

createasaurus

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2014, 12:13:08 PM »
Just a note to any Wii U developers wondering if PlayMaker can simply build on Wii U.  The answer is Yes!  The full work around is posted in the Wii U developer forums, under Unity / Coding and Game Logic / PlayMaker Support. The work around is not too complex.  It is mostly deleting a few incompatible actions.

Unfortunately, enhanced support, like having super dooper Wii U custom actions made for us, is not happening because Hutong Games and Nintendo do not have a relationship yet due to various reasons.

However, maybe this is an opportunity for all of us to rise to the occasion as a Wii U / PlayMaker community.  If you have the skill and motivation, please consider making Wii U specific custom actions, and sharing within the Wii U forums.  Sadly I don't think we can share here due to NDA.  Wii U / PlayMaker developers are an awesome group, let's grow strong together.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 12:33:48 PM by createasaurus »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 04:18:05 AM »
Hi,

Yea, too bad this doesn't go anywhere currently. I will attend Unite, if I can find a Wii U representative, I may have more luck explaining in person what we do and how we can contribute.

Bye,

Jean

magique

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Magique Productions, Ltd.
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 07:33:01 PM »
This is sure a relief. I just purchased PlayMaker today and never even thought that it might not work on Wii U. So glad to hear there is a procedure to get it working. I'll be checking the Nintendo Wii U forums and giving this a try tonight. Go Wii U!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2014, 02:47:29 AM »
Hi,

The result of that meeting was not really in your favor unfortunatly, so you should make some noise on your wii u forum to ask for support your wiiU development network.

Bye,

Jean