playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED]Photon multiple scenes question  (Read 3092 times)

bizilux

[SOLVED]Photon multiple scenes question
« on: November 05, 2013, 09:50:09 AM »
hello

im making racing multiplayer game, and  right now i have 2 scenes in my game.

"main menu" and "Parking lot track" scenes.  basically main menu contains gui with buttons: play, options, exit, and now im adding, create game, and find game.  and on create game and find game i will add similar functionality as in that DemoWorker example. (server browser, etc...)

BUT now here is  what i dont fully understand: once few players connect to room, and click ready and start a game, then "Parking lot track" scene loads. But that scene has different Hierarchy and not the same code as "Main Menu" scene had where this players actually found game and went into room.
But how do i transfer all players from main menu scene, to parking lot trakc scene where they will actually race, i mean i hope you understand what im asking...

Looking at that DemoWorker example, there are demo_lobby and demo_room scenes in there too so i guess you can just make unlimited scenes, and basically connect players via room ID?

i havent read much on photon yet, sorry for that stupid question but i think its something to do with room ID right?

thanks,
luka
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 07:07:30 AM by bizilux »

bizilux

Re: Photon multiple scenes question
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 12:29:49 PM »
i actually found topic with similar question here: http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=2342.msg10516#msg10516

i'll study it a bit and post further questions if i wont understand :)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 12:37:24 PM by bizilux »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Photon multiple scenes question
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 12:35:31 AM »
Hi,

Ok, very good.

In short, It doesn't matter where players are and in which scenes, prefab instanciating will work becuase they are stored in Resources, so it's entirely up to you to manage scenes and content to match your game requirements.

If you study the alternatice exampoe you found, you'll find that it's only through logical steps that players end up in the same "Scene", but it doesn't have to be ( Obviously, it should always be consistent of course, else your game would not make sense)

Bye,

Jean