playMaker

Author Topic: PlayMakerUnity2D Error  (Read 3037 times)

Phillament

• Playmaker Newbie
PlayMakerUnity2D Error
« on: November 27, 2013, 11:18:38 PM »
I've got this error popping up, despite following instructions to correct it. What do I do to fix it?

PlayMakerUnity2DProxy requires the 'PlayMaker Unity 2D' Prefab in the Scene.
Use the menu 'PlayMaker/Addons/Unity 2D/Components/Add PlayMakerUnity2D to Scene' to correct the situation
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object, Object)
PlayMakerUnity2DProxy:Start() (at Assets/PlayMaker Unity 2D/Components/PlayMakerUnity2DProxy.cs:50)

I haven't touched the PlayMakerUnity2D prefab at all, and I still have it in the scene. Yet I still get this error. Anyone know how to solve this? Any help will be much appreciated.

EDIT:
It seems to only work when I add PlayMakerUnity2D during play mode. It doesn't work if I add it otherwise. Hmm...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 11:34:18 PM by Phillament »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: PlayMakerUnity2D Error
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 01:45:58 AM »
Hi,

Maybe you are loading a new scene? WHEN the game is running and you get this warning, do you see the PlayMakerUnity2DProxy in the hierarchy?

Bye,

Jean

Phillament

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 02:17:28 AM »
Yeah, the warning was when the game was running, otherwise it was working fine. Any thoughts on what could have gone wrong? Also, I tried to fix this by just deleting and reimporting playmaker unity 2D, but that just led to more problems. I've fixed some of them, but now all the FSMs are gone. It's not that big a deal, because there wasn't anything overly complicated. But if there's a way to restore everything to the way it was, that would be a biiiig help!  :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 02:23:32 AM »
Hi,

If you don't have a back up then you can't revert unfortunatly.

the question to solve first is wether or not you have this proxy when you run, and if you indeed load a new scene or not.

bye,

Jean

Phillament

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 02:45:43 AM »
Okay, I've got a back up, and how am I supposed to load that version of it? I just made a copy of the project folder. What do I do next?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 02:51:51 AM »
Hi,

Simply unzip and open that one instead.

bye,

Jean

Phillament

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 03:33:38 AM »
I'm afraid I can't find a zip file. I'll just rebuild the project. It wasn't that far along, anyway, and I wanna see how fast I can rebuild it! Thanks, for the help, though! :)