playMaker

Author Topic: Unity 4.3.1 Playmaker Animator actions do not work anymore...HELP!!! [SOLVED]  (Read 5746 times)

Vangelis

• Playmaker Newbie
  • VR ROCKS!
    • VR applications for the industry!
Hi, I have just upgraded to unity 4.3.1 and the process upgraded my project too.
After sometime I found out that animator actions don't work anymore.They were fundamental for some parts of my project...please someone tell me what is happening and how can I fix it.... :'( :'( :'(
(Can't go back to a previous version of unity because the project has been upgraded...)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 11:25:16 AM by eschoinas »
You can't have time, if you don't make time...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Unity 4.3.1 Playmaker Animator actions do not work anymore...HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 06:48:13 AM »
Hi,

Animator has evolved a lot in 4.3.1, and some actions will be obsolete because Mecanim works differently in some cases. Porting the new mecanim is coming very soon as my next major task:

https://trello.com/b/1VSKPLcT/addons

bye,

Jean

Vangelis

• Playmaker Newbie
  • VR ROCKS!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 11:44:07 AM »
Thanks for the immediate response. I am mainly interested in the action Animator Force State Normalized Time. Is it ready by any chance? Any tips on how to create a custom action for the 4.3.1 version myself?

Vangelis

• Playmaker Newbie
  • VR ROCKS!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 11:58:05 AM »
Any idea, when the update will be ready? It's really important for my project that I have to finish within a week from now.... :-[

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 01:24:40 PM »
Hi,

Unfortunatly, this is unlikely to happen within two or three weeks. Sorry about that. Mecanim API has changed a lot, for its own good, but it means very bad or next to no backward compatibility with older projects and bridges such as this one. It is the very next thing I will tackle as part of the pending community work.

Bye,

Jean

Vangelis

• Playmaker Newbie
  • VR ROCKS!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 03:00:49 AM »
 :( :(....I guess I am kind of screwed....Unless I put my poor c# coding skills in use.
  Anyone can tell me if there is a corresponding function to forcestatenormalizedtime that I can use in Unity 4.3.1? I suspect it's SetTarget...but it's not very clear from the script reference.
    Anyway Jean, I am a huge admirer of your work and I understand that you can't solve everything at once. You are doing a hell of a good work already.No need to be sorry for anything. :D.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 01:41:46 PM »
Hi,

I would run this by the unity forum and QA and even contact them directly, having broke Mecanim so abruptly, they should give you hints on how to move on really. the weird thing is that I don't think they provided updates on their samples... I have to double check on this, but it looks like there is less information ( and worse, obsolete) now on how to work with the new mecanim api.

bye,

Jean

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 01:46:35 PM »
That sucks....
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Kubold

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 03:22:43 AM »
Hmm. I gues that means reverting to version from week ago for me too. Week of work lost :(

Vangelis

• Playmaker Newbie
  • VR ROCKS!
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 10:11:25 AM »
Hi,
  today I managed to make things work again. It seems that it wasn't the Playmaker actions that did not work. After the upgrade, for some mysterious reason, all the animations applied with an animator, ceased to respond. I fixed the problem in some cases, by changing the position of the animator in the gameobjects hierarchy. That did not always worked. In other cases I have had to reinsert the prefab in the scene and reinstall all scripts.3 days of work lost. :-\.
    I still have not very well understood the reason of this, but if I do I will make sure to inform you all.