playMaker

Author Topic: question about playmaker licenses  (Read 3153 times)

bizilux

question about playmaker licenses
« on: December 28, 2013, 10:15:23 PM »
hey all...

ok so i've been using my teams playmaker, to learn and try it out, and also to work on project together, and now i've come to a point where i can do some games with playmaker on my own, and i dont want to have some troubles or anything, so i would rather buy my own copy of playmaker and publish my games with my own copy.

i've been working on bus simulator alone, and there is quite a lot of playmaker FSM's on there... so my question is:  if i buy my own copy of playmaker... is there some sort of "licensing" file that i can swap out with some file that is currently in my project?  or how do i go and do this playmaker swap?...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: question about playmaker licenses
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 07:23:47 AM »
Hi,

PlayMaker license is per seat, so this is not "per project" or "per team", I bought the license once and I am using it for everything that I do, regardless of the client or project.

It's pretty much the same with most of the assets you will get from the asset store.

bye,

Jean

bizilux

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 08:38:56 AM »
okey so i've been using it wrong... but nonetheless, i want to buy it now for myself... i just dont know how to change files in my bus simulator project, so that they will contain my license of playmaker that i bought...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 09:15:15 AM »
Hi,

There isn't any license files in PlayMaker packages. All this licensing is based on trust. You simply don't include the playmaker folder when you distribute it. At least not the PlayMaker dll file.

bye,

Jean

bizilux

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 09:22:56 AM »
ok so basically when i buy my own license, i dont actually put it anywhere, atleast for this bus simulation project, since it already has "team's" license in... it just sort of works on trust, that i bought my own copy?

and for further projects that i do, i actually use my own license that i import in when i start new project

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 10:38:19 AM »
Hi,

you simply import the playmaker package from the asset store to start a new project with playmaker, that's all there is to it. And for distribution within your team, an online repository is obviously the best option, so playmaker will be there, so yes, it's based on trust that each team member purchased the used assets.

bye,

Jean