playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker-Mecanim TPP controller  (Read 3014 times)

Kubold

Playmaker-Mecanim TPP controller
« on: January 10, 2014, 05:23:06 AM »
Hey, I'm trying to make a controller for TPP games. I have tons of trouble with Mecanim - Playmaker talking to each other. Sometimes the delays for sending the Bools between them are HUGE (couple of updates), so the responsiveness suffers a lot. There is much yet to be done, but it now clearly shows what I am trying to do.

Here's a Web Player version:

http://www.kubold.com/MovementAnimsetProExample/MovementAnimsetProExample.html

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Playmaker-Mecanim TPP controller
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 07:32:07 AM »
Hi,

Are you sure it's not in the mecanim transitions themselves that you have this lag? And I don't see anything wrong in the behavior, It feels ok to me, but I see what you mean, there is a lag indeed. I don't think this is due to actions themselves, but really in the way your mecanim states are transited.

bye,

Jean

Kubold

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 04:35:50 PM »
Hi,

Right now I'm not really sure of anything really. Whatever I do, it fixes something, the whole thing works a little better, but it introduces two new problems ;). But you are right, I think it's Mecanim mostly. Playmaker seems to work instantly and just respond to Mecanim's blends, that sometimes take "ages" to decide which actual state is the state to blend from next.

Dev_Sebas

• 1.2 Beta
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 05:33:19 PM »
Men that prototype is awesome. So smooth and realistic.
Keep this up.
Cheers
Seb