playMaker

Author Topic: Newbie Error or Bug with Get Random Object? [SOLVED]  (Read 1509 times)

tinjaw

• Playmaker Newbie
Newbie Error or Bug with Get Random Object? [SOLVED]
« on: January 23, 2014, 12:53:24 PM »
I am going through the video tutorial "09 - Pop Up Manager", but the "Get Random Object" seems to get getting all the objects at once and not just one. I don't know if I have done something wrong or if I have hit a bug.

I have a screenshot of my FSM at: http://www.screencast.com/t/lGwUycfFPGbG

When I play this, at the beginning all of the cubes pop up and once. Additionally, on each additional event none of the cubes pop up.

If there is more information you need from me, please just ask. I am tying to do my best to learn Playmaker and this has me a bit confused.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 08:28:39 AM by tinjaw »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Newbie Error or Bug with Get Random Object?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 06:38:51 AM »
Hi,

you are sending the event "send_pop" in state "send_pop" and therefore it will transit instantly from the transition "send_pop" in state "wait",

instead don't send any event and rely on the finish transition to do the job of coming back the "wait" state.

bye,

Jean

tinjaw

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Newbie Error or Bug with Get Random Object?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 08:25:38 AM »
Turns out I had two errors in my project. One was that I had the cubes start state improperly set to pop up. And I also was sending the wrong event to the cubes. Things are working now.