playMaker

Author Topic: Pathfinding Actions  (Read 3321 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Pathfinding Actions
« on: January 28, 2014, 04:10:56 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Ok, finally, managed to finish all the pathfinding actions ( there is a lot indeed...)

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1174

I could not test all of the actions, so don't hesitate to report any issues, or concern on a particular behavior, Pathfinding is a huge feature.

As for the demo, I hope Unity will release soon some materials that are comprehensible enough to be ported as PlayMaker. Meanwhile, make use of the forum to ask questions. Pathfinding setup is all done in Unity, so make sure you read as much documentation on this first and then tackle controlling agents with playmaker then.

If you see more actions needed, don't hesitate to mention them, I'll add them to the todos.

Tech note:

I have been making extensive use of PlayMaker custom editors for actions, so navmesh layers for example benefits from a very flexible setup where you can simply define them as usual by picking them up from a list, OR you can define them manually and set them using a FsmInt. This will allow you complete flexibility on that front ( some layermask actions would be required, but that's on the road map)

https://trello.com/c/WvnqR8aZ/50-layermask-operation-actions

Bye,

Jean

Sebuturn

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Pathfinding Actions
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 05:04:31 AM »
Hey Jean, thanks a lot for that! it's great :)

I'm having a small issue (I think) with one of the action though : "Get Agent Remaining Distance" is shoots the "Arrived Event" directly.

Maybe it's a Unity issue though as I tried to store the float in a variable and the manualy compare it to 0 and it still shoots the event right when getting in the state.

I'm using this event to send a stop animation event, and can't find an other way to do it.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 07:05:40 AM »
Hi,

Indeed, I recall that I had this issue and reported this to Unity. Basically I recommand you manually check the distance between the destination point and the current agent position yourself, not relying on this action to begin with.

bye,

Jean

tiqlat

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 03:47:07 AM »
It would be great to have random wandering action for navmesh agent. Thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 11:42:39 AM »
Hi,

That i actually something quite tricky cause you need to randomly move within the available surface. Some A* framework I think have this function but I haven't found anything using Unity system. If you bump into one let me know.

Bye,

Jean