playMaker

Author Topic: Converting Unity 2D game demo to PlayMaker?  (Read 4147 times)

3DforMe

• Playmaker Newbie
Converting Unity 2D game demo to PlayMaker?
« on: February 22, 2014, 02:00:56 PM »
What is the status of this? Is the conversion completed yet?

"Coming Soon. Unity provides a sample on the Asset store, it's currently under refactoring to provide it as a 100% PlayMaker solution."

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Converting Unity 2D game demo to PlayMaker?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 08:58:45 AM »
Hi,

Yes, it's "coming" as in, in my active list of things to do :) The main character is already controlled fully in playmaker, need to do the ennemies and their spawning.

bye,

Jean

Meathead

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 11:09:56 AM »
I also would love to see this :), also was wondering most of the things done in 3d is there much of a change for 2d now or not?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 01:24:20 PM »
hi,

Not much changes really, apart from less portable features, cause they messed up the axis to begin with and now it's obviously showing as they provided a 2d version of their 3d world. But that's not too bad I guess.

the main different is a dedicated 2d physics engine and some work done for graphics management. But in all honesty ( else I would need hard evidence with profiling results) , doing it old school works just as good, combined with the regular 2d assets like 2d toolkit, ngui, and the likes.

bye,

Jean

3DforMe

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 06:57:26 AM »
I also would love to see this :), also was wondering most of the things done in 3d is there much of a change for 2d now or not?

This is great news! Looking at some PlayMaker tutorial videos recently and after using uScript a little already, PlayMaker looks like it's easier to use.

3DforMe

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 06:14:25 PM »
...Yes, it's "coming" as in, in my active list of things to do :) The main character is already controlled fully in playmaker, need to do the ennemies and their spawning.
Any update. Might be good to release it in parts also, so it's easier for us to see what is going on.

1) Maybe one scene that shows the main character movement set up.
2) Another scene showing just how to make the main character shoot.
3) Another scene showing enemy movement.
4) Another scene showing character response when hit.
5) Another scene showing how life and meter scores are kept.

Thanks.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 07:53:23 AM »
Hi,

the issue is the folllowing:

PlayMaker 1.8 is not backward compatible, so all the prefabs and actions would be corrupted if you try to open the package I have for Unity 2d support and this platform because I updated to 1.8 beta to test it out.... so now we have to wait for 1.8 to get out and then you'll be able to get it all :)

I would gladly share the curent state if I could.

bye,

Jean