playMaker

Author Topic: Single Character Button Trigger Override  (Read 3229 times)

threedavid

• Playmaker Newbie
Single Character Button Trigger Override
« on: March 06, 2014, 08:00:11 PM »
Hi,
I have a single standing character with two types of animation on it. A set of idle motions and a set of motions that is triggered by touch guy texture button. One button per motion. What I want to set up is while the character is standing on screen it randomly plays through it's list of idle motions. Then whenever a button is touched it interrupts the idle motions and plays the it's own animation until it's done and then it goes back to the idle motions again.

The way I have it set up currently, I have a "idleMotion" state with a "Random Event and transitions linking up to each corresponding idle animation state with it's own "Play Animation" and it's working just fine.

I have another "Motion3" state with touch GUI events with transitions linking up to each corresponding animation state and it's working fine too, but here is where the problem is. The touching of a button doesn't interrupt the idle motions.

Any answers? Is there a better way to set up the buttons to trigger the interrupting animations? Does Playmaker only work like a single stream of "one part at a time" sequence of actions? Or, is there a way to set this up?

Thanks for any help.

David

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Single Character Button Trigger Override
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 11:51:44 AM »
Hi,

you have to stop the current animation ( or blend it).

Bye,

Jean