playMaker

Author Topic: FPS: OK on statistcs, but not smooth in reality.  (Read 3313 times)

Aaddiction

FPS: OK on statistcs, but not smooth in reality.
« on: March 09, 2014, 09:41:34 PM »
Hello, I'm making a small game and started running tests on iPhone5. It's low on resources and while testing everything in the Xcode shows no problems. Barely using the GPU, CPU and memory. However, in reality the actual game is pretty choppy. I use playmaker, but doubt it would have anything to do.

I understand that with no specific info it's hard to tell. What I wonder is if somebody had a similar scenario before and if yes, how did you solve it in general?

Thank you.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: FPS: OK on statistcs, but not smooth in reality.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 07:50:00 AM »
Hi,

it may be your camera animation that follows a physics gameobject and if you don't do that properly it's choppy.

does it happens in Unity editor as well?

bye,

Jean

Aaddiction

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 10:18:25 AM »
I noticed that it's in the editor as well, so sorry to post in this section and forum, since it's Unity stuff, obviously.:) It appears it's a general question. No animation on the camera and anything similar. My guess is that it's hardware related linked to the vsync and refresh rate options.

Thank you for your response.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 10:20:01 AM by Lockon302 »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 04:41:20 AM »
Hi,

No worries :) I doubt it's hardware related, you would be very unlucky. Can you paste the exact errors you get from the Unity Console?

bye,

Jean