playMaker

Author Topic: Unity Pathfinding (demo scenes) + mobile platforms  (Read 2692 times)

kici

• Junior Playmaker
    • KZ Development
Unity Pathfinding (demo scenes) + mobile platforms
« on: March 11, 2014, 08:35:48 PM »
Hello,

I've been looking all over to find as many examples as possible, I'm in need to use this: https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1174
However there is no demo scenes currently "coming soon" & I hope its not too late to request the demo scenes, better yet the set up I am going to be trying to accomplish now is this:
Just like the Playmaker's Mecanim Teddy Bear NavMesh demo scene, however with a little twist ,I will not be using the Mecanim system I will be using the Legacy animations.
So if these demo scenes are being made I would greatly appreciate it if it was made for Legacy animations (behaving the same way as the teddy bear sample) which can turn, walk/run etc. I realize this is probably more work as otherways the Locomotion system is already set up in the Animator, however it would help me greatly if possible - in the meantime I will struggle to make my own :)

In short, some demo scenes for the Unity Pathfinding (walk/run, turn 0 - 360* degrees) for playmaker and if possible using the Legacy system animations.

Thanks!

hey if I get a reply today, I will purchase PlayMaker again from the Asset store on Unity as its on crazy sale right now! And the reason I would do that is  to give you 5 stars rating as I purchased it through your website.

Thanks again!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Unity Pathfinding (demo scenes) + mobile platforms
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 04:54:08 AM »
Hi,

First, I would strongly advice that you indeed use Mecanim as opposed to legacy. Unity 3 will not be there for long and Mecanim will be ( is actually) the main system to use for animations really.

But if you still want to use regular animation, not a problem. Unfortunatly, the Unity samples are not available anymore online, so give me one more day to clean up what I have here and I'll be sending a package. Basically that sample will provide everything you need ( a simple behavior to drop on your navmesh agent to animate it using regular animations).

Bye,

Jean

kici

• Junior Playmaker
    • KZ Development
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 07:20:25 PM »
Thanks for the response Jean, i realized that Mecanim is the way to go with extensive  research, my only problem was for some reason my Animation is done in a cycle animation and not progressive, and I thought you needed progressive animations in order for your Mecanim character to walk/run, however it seems that that isn't the problem. I'm trying to understand how to make my character move even though it is Cycle anim, and also the other issue I've had with Mecanim is really Adjusting the "Speed" of how fast the character moves, so when you do make these demo scenes please allow the speed to be changeable, stick with Mecanim I was wrong

Thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 07:02:22 AM »
Hi,

but isn't this all done in the mecanim pathfinding demo already? what's there that you can't apply to character? It's the exact same case isn't it? you want a navmesh agent to walk in a believeable way as it moves and turns.

bye,

Jean

kici

• Junior Playmaker
    • KZ Development
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 07:53:25 AM »
Correct yeah sorry, the problem is I cannot increase the "Speed" and if I change the Mecanim animator's speed the animations do not look real, and I am not happy with its current speed, way too slow
Is there a way to be capable of adjusting the speed?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 07:59:35 AM »
Hi,

yes of course, there is an action "Set Animator Speed" for that.

Bye,

Jean