playMaker

Author Topic: Basic Play Animation Action help  (Read 1563 times)

Moza

• Playmaker Newbie
Basic Play Animation Action help
« on: March 30, 2014, 08:40:22 PM »
I seem to be having the same problem with the Play Animation action. I have a very basic gameobject (a Fish in this case) with an Animation component and 2 animations. One to go up and the other to go down. I have a basic FSM setup using Itween to move the object and a Play Animation action depending on the direction of the movement. However I can't seem to get the animations to switch or be called upon. I have tried many ways and with different gameobjects with animations but I obviously must be doing something wrong.

Ive attached images just to see how I have it set up. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Breadman

• Derp
Re: Basic Play Animation Action help
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 01:46:06 AM »
This might solve your problem - immediately before each of your "play animation" actions, you should have an "animation settings" action. This helps the engine figure out what to do with the animation.

Hopefully that solves the issue - even if it doesn't, though, you will probably find that you'll need the "animation settings" action down the road anyways! :D

Moza

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Basic Play Animation Action help
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 09:28:28 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it. I gave it a go and it didn't seem to work. I also just tried the Enable Animation Action and again no luck.