playMaker

Author Topic: Daikon Forge and Playmaker System Events  (Read 3016 times)

Bjakuja

• Junior Playmaker
Daikon Forge and Playmaker System Events
« on: April 01, 2014, 06:01:53 AM »
Hi everyone, i am using Daikon forge these days for some game and i have some trouble with system events. What i want to achieve is that when i mouse hover an Daikon forge element i want something to use Playmaker stuff since Daikon Forge stuff working pretty much drag and drop and with there is much more control with Playmaker, but there is problem cause somehow Daikon forge doesn't trigger some mouse related system events.
Theses events working properly:
 - Mouse Down
 - Mouse Enter
 - Mouse Up

And these events aren't working for some reason:
 - Mouse Exit
 - Mouse Drag
 - Mouse Over

Tested with every Daikon Forge element, buttons, sprites, textures....

Those System events working properly on any other game object but not working with Daikon Forge game objects.
Why is that, is there any fix for this?

Cheers!!!

Bjakuja

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Daikon Forge and Playmaker System Events
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 08:15:53 AM »
Just asking, it's not crucial, i just want to know how things work with DF in order to understand better. If this can't be achieved this way using System Events, i mean if system can't detect when your mouse is over Daikon Forge GUI element i will simply write a script that will check for Daikon Forge mouse Enter / Exit (since mouse exit not working on DF game object) and based on result will send event to FSM from script and i will get same result.
Tested it already so it works this way with no problems.

Cheers!!!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 08:19:46 AM »
Hi,

give me some time, I'll double check tomorow. I am using DFGUI in a project, I'll take the opportunity to double check this.

also, on that front, since you mention it, I am working on some crazy loose MVC design pattern mixing PlayMaker and DFGUI, it's SOOO cool! dfgui are just views, totally empty of any logics, and I am using models and playmaker to then bind everything, I'll be publishing an article on this on the playmaker wiki together with an example ( login users with parse) when I will reach a good state.

bye,

Jean

Bjakuja

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 09:12:11 AM »
This is not much of a issue since it can be passed with script using DF mouse events but if you have time have a look and you will notice those system events not functioning as they should for some reason with DF

Lol Jean, i can't wait to see that combined system , it will be awesome for sure it must be, thanks for the info btw.

Cheers!!!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 02:01:27 AM »
Hi,

Yep, indeed, you are right, they don't work. It's nothing to do with PlayMaker, even a regular Unity monobehavior will not be working for exit, over and drag...

so currently, indeed rely on DFGUI custom actions. Also, the added benefit is that it will comply with touch and various features, which will bring more on the table then if you just plug the regular events.

Have you contacted DFGUI author on this? if not, I'll do it, I have a couple of questions anyway to add to the list.

Bye,

Jean

Bjakuja

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 03:04:53 AM »
No i didn't contact the author for this. I already rely on Daikon events since they are easy to implement, even if Playmaker events working completely i will Daikon events because i use other events not jot just mouse, i use clicks and other stuff. So here is how i do that, when i for example click DF button i have script ( with public variable so i can specify in Inspector name of FSMs and name of Events) that will send event to FSM where i will use Playmaker to check for any conditions and based on that i will do DF stuff. Basically i only use DF events so i can detect when something is clicked, hovered...., not property binding, for those fade in out and other stuff i use Playmaker as well.
As you said it's more then a Playmaker issue, it' Monobehavior related.

Anyway thanks Jean for your confirmation.
Cheers!!!