playMaker

Author Topic: Collision Enter 2D  (Read 3917 times)

maxxiedivine

• Playmaker Newbie
Collision Enter 2D
« on: April 04, 2014, 01:12:53 AM »
Dear Everyone,

I am having an issue destroying a 2D sprite when it hits a wall. The sprite bounces off of the wall, but now I want to destroy it. I would usually use the Collision Enter event in 3D, but I don't see a Collision Enter 2D event. I downloaded the latest 4.3 package, but I only see a collision enter 2d action, no collision enter 2d event. Please help! Thank you.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Collision Enter 2D
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 08:39:04 AM »
Hi,

you need the Unity 2d addon for PlayMaker.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/?W1150

bye,

Jean

maxxiedivine

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 09:28:24 AM »
I did get the plugin, but would I be looking for a Collision 2D Event? Not a collision 2d action right?

maxxiedivine

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 09:30:51 AM »
I didn't understand this last night, but I think I get it now. I will have to try it when I get home:

In order for Fsm to receive Physics 2d global event, you need to drop a "PlayMakerUnity2DProxy" component on that GameObject. Then, any Fsm on that GameObject will be able to implement the global events "TRIGGER XXX 2D" and "COLLISION XXX 2D". The proxy is also used to store raycasting infos. Any other actions do not requires the proxy component, for example, AddForce2d works fine as is.

Use the Menu "PlayMaker/Addons/Unity 2D/Components/Add PlayMakerUnity2DProxy to Selection" to do so conveniently.

Physics 2D Events

TRIGGER ENTER 2D
TRIGGER EXIT 2D
TRIGGER STAY 2D
COLLISION ENTER 2D
COLLISION EXIT 2D
COLLISION STAY 2D

snortch

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 01:34:12 PM »
Does anyone know if you still have to install the PlaymakerUnity2D plugin (https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/?W1150) or is the 2d stuff now be included in my version (1.7.7.f6)?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 06:08:47 AM »
Hi,

this is still the case. You need to use this proxy if you want to use the Unity 2d extension addon found on the wiki.

Bye,

Jean

snortch

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 08:28:37 AM »
Thanks Jean. At what point will 2d stuff just be included?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 11:06:47 AM »
Hi,

I think when PlayMaker will stop supporting Unity 3.x because to support Unity 2d, special functions and api features must be implemented, BUT they are only available in 4.x. So hopefully very soon.

Bye,

Jean