playMaker

Author Topic: Action name separate from class name  (Read 2513 times)

Krileon

Action name separate from class name
« on: April 12, 2014, 12:53:08 PM »
It's possibly to specify a category string name, but it's not possible from what I can tell to specify an action string name. It always uses the class name and the algorithm used to generate a spaced name from class isn't what I'd prefer. Is it possible for such a feature to be implemented? I'd really like to be able to supply my own string name instead of always using the class name.

For example the below is not very sightly.

Class: EZSave2SaveVariable
Name: EZ Save 2Save Variable
Wanted: EZSave2 Save Variable

I prefix all of my classes to avoid conflicts and make it easier to see at a glance what action belongs to what when it's in use. This works really well, but I've to be annoyingly creative with my class names so they don't look terrible as the action name.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 01:09:43 PM by Krileon »

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Action name separate from class name
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 07:57:06 AM »
I can't think of it off the top of my head but I thought I found an action that did this a while back (maybe not, haven't had my coffee yet)... I'll see if I can find it.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 08:08:34 AM »
Hi,

Yes, I would welcom that as well. We could then have more consise action class names yet nicer action names.

bye,

Jean

Krileon

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 01:36:53 PM »
I can't think of it off the top of my head but I thought I found an action that did this a while back (maybe not, haven't had my coffee yet)... I'll see if I can find it.

If you manage to find it that'd be great. I really don't want to have to change my classes, but right now some new actions have funky action names as seen above. Would be awesome if this is available now or can at least be added soon.

Krileon

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 08:15:06 AM »
Any luck finding it? If not is there any chance this can get implemented?

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 03:13:09 PM »
Nope. Rummaging around it doesn't seem possible at the moment, Jean showed me you can change the class name separate from the behaviour name. I totally didn't even realize we could do this since Unity gets grumpy when you do this on MonoBehaviour's i glazed right over it, but actions are FsmStateAction's so it seems to work fine.

I think what you are looking for is ActionNameAttribute or something. That would be good to have so perhaps there should be a feature request for it.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D