playMaker

Author Topic: Game doesn't work when I build and run web player  (Read 3418 times)

Dualhammers

• Playmaker Newbie
Game doesn't work when I build and run web player
« on: April 17, 2014, 01:03:42 AM »
Title says it all. This is my first game using Unity and PLaymaker and while pressing the play-button in-editor works perfectly the main FSM I built doesn't seem to function when I export is as a web player.

The FSM works as follows:

It uses NGUI extension to activate on input in an NGUI text field. It then parses that string into an integer and uses that to activate the other screens which start the game. When I hit enter in the editor this works normally but in the web player it just stops as if no FSM was attached to the field.

My other FSMs for re-selecting the field and deactivating mouse-look work normally.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Game doesn't work when I build and run web player
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 02:40:09 PM »
Hi,

What ngui extensions are you using?

It may be because it doesn't register the enter key on the web as it does elsewhere. Can you try to publish on mac or pc and see?

bye,

Jean

Dualhammers

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 03:34:33 AM »
Published on PC as standalone, same issue, no access to a mac. I am using NGUI 2.70 (Free version), no other extra extensions.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 07:15:32 AM »
Hi,

so what do you mean in your original post with "It uses NGUI extension to activate on input in an NGUI text field" ?

bye,

Jean

Dualhammers

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 10:38:20 PM »
Sorry for not being more clear. I mean I am using the NGui Events to PLaymaker fsm Events component to intercept NGUI events and send them to my FSM. Here is a screenshot of the FSM in question and the component being used.

I hope this is clear enough. Let me know if you need more information.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 12:38:32 PM by Dualhammers »

Dualhammers

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 07:38:35 PM »
Still stuck, tried multiple solutions including redoing the script entirely with more reliance on local rather than global variables. Nothing works.

Do I need to just scrap the project and write it entirely in C#?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 08:47:16 AM »
Hi,

can you make a pixel perfect screenshot, I can't see anything in your screenshot, and I can spot you have an error in your state, as well asn a missing implementation of one ngui event.

I am using this all day long, so it's definitly just a small tweak in your setup to have this working.

bye,

Jean

Dualhammers

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 12:40:01 PM »
Apparently URL embedding didn't work. It was suppose to link to the original when you clicked on it. Try this.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 12:46:45 AM »
Hi,

ok, first you need to address the error mentionned at the bottom left.

If you have an error fired by Unity, you will get bugs and can't rely on anything after that error, so you need to watch for these first.

Can you run in Unity editor with Unity console opened, and go trhough your game, If you get errors in the console, they must be debugged and solved first to guarantee a safe publishing, else you will get in trouble when you publish ( bugs and even crash on mobiles for example)

bye,

Jean