playMaker

Author Topic: PlayMaker Pathfinding errors [SOLVED]  (Read 3382 times)

artician

• 1.2 Beta
PlayMaker Pathfinding errors [SOLVED]
« on: May 10, 2014, 12:43:32 PM »
Heyo,
I am running a new project with the latest version of PM (1.7.7f6).  I imported the Playmaker Pathfinding package, and I receive several errors that prevent PlayMaker from opening.

error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.NavMeshAgent' does not contain a definition for `Warp' and no extension method `Warp' of type `UnityEngine.NavMeshAgent' could be found.

error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.NavMeshAgent' does not contain a definition for `autoBraking' and no extension method `autoBraking' of type `UnityEngine.NavMeshAgent' could be found

And too many others to list.  Did something in the latest version of PlayMaker break the Pathfinding addon?  Because I have other, older projects that use it without errors.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 08:20:33 PM by Alex Chouls »

artician

• 1.2 Beta
Re: PlayMaker Pathfinding errors
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 08:20:18 AM »
Bumpity bump

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 12:47:07 AM »
Hi,

catching up catching up, please bump this again in few days if I haven't come back to this yet. Thanks for your patience!

Bye,

Jean

artician

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 01:03:48 AM »
You'll always have my patience Jean!  You're the best support I could even hope for.  Will bump if I haven't seen anything by the end of the week.

About this: I and another PlayMaker user in my area gave a talk about using PlayMaker as non-programmers to our regional Unity group meeting.  That was still three weeks ago and I'm still following up on questions and resources for those in attendance.  One of the greatest things we could share with this crowd of individuals is the amazing number of extensions, addons, third-party actions, and whatnot.  The first one of the "action packs" I tried to test (both because it has been useful personally, and because I had more than one question about it) was the Pathfinding "Action Pack" add-on from the wiki.  I was surprised when it didn't work with the latest PM version, hence this thread.

I'd love to give the people interested in PM these links with confidence, hence this thread.  It's not major for me, but it always helps the PM community.  Please never stop kicking ass.  Thanks.

artician

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 05:11:13 PM »
Bump!

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 10:29:54 PM »
What version of Unity are you using?

It looks like the actions use Warp, autoBraking and some other features that were added in Unity 4.0 and 4.1.

The quickest fix is to use a newer version of Unity. We should be able to add #if UNITY_4_x defines to the actions to avoid errors in earlier versions, but it will take some time.

I'll double check with Jean and add a note for the minimum Unity version required for the actions as they are now...

artician

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 10:34:26 PM »
Yeah I'm using v3.5.6.  I probably won't upgrade until v5.0 is released and confirmed bug-free, and even then probably not until I have a few more of the projects that I've built with v3 completed.

Thanks for the help.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 09:15:14 AM »
Hi,

Ok, can you try the following package. I created a special Unity 3 project for the package to be better and without any obsolete actions.

Make sure you back up and test on a copy of your project first.

Delete the PlayMaker Navmesh folder and reimport that package.

I think it's better to provide a special Unity 3 package clean of any unsupported actions then using compiler checks as it adds complexity in the maintenance for nothing, and since Unity 3 will soon become unsupported by Unity itself, this package would be definitive.

If this goes ok, I'll put this on the wiki for the navmesh page for people to be aware of this unity 3 package.

Bye,

Jean

artician

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 03:42:59 AM »
Hi Jean, apologies for the late reply. 
I don't know what I was thinking; I should have just grabbed the actions from my other project that was working.  :(  Sorry to put you through the trouble.

That said, I didn't think to do that until I saw your update.  I just finished a pretty in-depth test and can say your package works perfectly in 3.x.  Thank you guys very much taking the time to look at it.  I can create some nice examples for these folks now and get them rolling with PlayMaker.

Best!