playMaker

Author Topic: Understanding how to duplicate Highlight demo in Vectrosity  (Read 3073 times)

mweyna

so I'm trying to build a UI system that will draw a line in Vectrosity from one object to another. However, I'm a bit confused on the proper setup of this, that right now nothing seems to be working. I get the Vector2 positions for both objects, then use the Vector2 Line action but nothing is ever displayed. The line itself is created dramatically off screen and doesn't seem rendered in the main camera ever. What am I doing wrong in my setup? It is getting all the right coordinate values for the objects, as far as I can tell this is my inexperience with Vectrosity.

mweyna

Re: Understanding how to duplicate Highlight demo in Vectrosity
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 02:07:12 PM »
Anyone?

parallel

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 02:15:37 PM »
As I remember vectrosity requires an orthographic camera for it's line drawing, so if you have a perspective camera for your 3d then you need an ortho cam above or beneath, where the vector 2 values need to be normalized to correspond. I might be talking through my hat, so let me just look at vectrosity again. Coincidentally I was planning to do something similar soon.

EDIT: Checked it briefly and I was mildly talking through my hat; as the vector camera creates itself and normalization isn't necessary, but may be one way to get it on screen. Have you played with the vector cameras rect, position and FOV, to get your line onscreen?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 04:03:28 PM by parallel »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 12:38:35 AM »
Hi,

I have allocated some proper time to work on Vectrosity beginning on June, I will make more examples.

https://trello.com/c/NuxdUftE/6-vectrosity

please request examples their or on this forum so that I can record them and not forget when I will work on it.

Bye,

Jean

mweyna

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 02:16:06 AM »
So is there some general direction you can push me in Jean on how to do this?

mweyna

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 01:42:15 AM »
So I've spent a good chunk of time trying to figure this out, but even when I define a created Ortho camera as the camera, the line doesn't seem to render properly on-top of my game camera. Anyone ever pull this off?

FritsLyn

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 05:08:14 PM »
The trick is simple: On your camera (can be any) set the Tag of that GameObject to 'Main Camera' - and at least when testing, make sure only one GameObject in your scene has that tag..

Google Unity Main Camera..