playMaker

Author Topic: DFGUI actions errors on Unity 4.5  (Read 7289 times)

JonathanBurroughs

• Junior Playmaker
  • Some kind of independent game developer
    • @HiFiHair
DFGUI actions errors on Unity 4.5
« on: May 27, 2014, 08:37:54 AM »
http://unity3d.com/unity/whats-new

Hello everyone,

I notice that Unity 4.5 is out.

Does anybody know whether it's safe to upgrade or will it break PlayMaker compatibility?

I assume, as always, it's safer to wait and be certain than jump the gun and find out for the worse.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:34:48 AM by jeanfabre »

jess84

Re: Unity 4.5
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 11:04:16 AM »
Daikon Forge PlayMaker actions are all screwed, 1000's of errors when trying to make a build.

E.g. 
"Assets/Daikon Forge/DFGUI Playmaker Actions_reordered/WebSprite Playmaker Actions.cs(509,2): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Tooltip' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?"

Pause Controller actions are also broken. References to Tooltip stuff again.

I suspect a lot of PlayMaker Actions for Add-ons will be problematic.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Unity 4.5
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 11:34:30 AM »
Hi,

yes, this is the usual process when Unity releases a new version. We can't really tackle everything at once, so thanks for reporting this.

Currently, I would stick to the version you used, and wait for the actions you use to be supported for 4.5. I am sure these errors will be addressed on the next release of DFGUI.

Bye,

Jean

jess84

Re: DFGUI actions errors on Unity 4.5
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 11:59:17 AM »
There seems to be a general problem with something tooltip related:

E.g.

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/AudiolistenerPause.cs(5,2): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Tooltip' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/AudiolistenerPause.cs(5,2): error CS0104: `TooltipAttribute' is an ambiguous reference between `UnityEngine.TooltipAttribute' and `HutongGames.PlayMaker.TooltipAttribute'

Assets/PlayMakerPauseSupport/PlayMakerActions/Time/PauseControllerActivator.cs(6,2): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Tooltip' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PlayMakerPauseSupport/PlayMakerActions/Time/PauseControllerActivator.cs(6,2): error CS0104: `TooltipAttribute' is an ambiguous reference between `UnityEngine.TooltipAttribute' and `HutongGames.PlayMaker.TooltipAttribute'

Any ideas on that, as some of the add-ons I'm using aren't supported anymore - like Pause Controller, so there's nobody to fix those actions.

jess84

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »
Also, I'm not sure why this thread has been renamed. It was a thread to discuss general Unity 4.5 issues. (and several add-ons have been mentioned).

Might not be great for others who are searching for general Unity 4.5 problems.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 01:33:33 PM »
Hi,

Indeed I renamed it, because a thread of unity 4.5 problems will get very big and loose clarity.

So, it's best to really make threads title as precise as possible.

Is that ok with you this way? I can renamed it back if you prefer.

Bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 01:47:03 PM »
Unity 4.5 defines a new Tooltip attribute that can conflict with Playmaker's Tooltip attribute.

All built in actions use the HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions namespace, so they find the correct Tooltip attribute.

Third party actions that use their own namespaces will need to point to the correct Tooltip.

For example, you can add this to your using statements:
using Tooltip = HutongGames.PlayMaker.TooltipAttribute;
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 01:53:42 PM by Alex Chouls »

jess84

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 02:16:07 PM »
Unity 4.5 defines a new Tooltip attribute that can conflict with Playmaker's Tooltip attribute.

All built in actions use the HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions namespace, so they find the correct Tooltip attribute.

Third party actions that use their own namespaces will need to point to the correct Tooltip.

For example, you can add this to your using statements:
using Tooltip = HutongGames.PlayMaker.TooltipAttribute;

Great, I shall try that, thanks.

With regards to all of the Daikon Forge actions, can someone please let them know that they need updating? I still can't register on their forum, despite half a dozen attempts tonight.

I also can't send a message through their contact forum, as I think their capture system is broken - despite about 40 attempts at entering the text, it always says wrong, and this was with me skipping any *slightly* obscure ones. I wonder if they've deliberate configured it like this so people don't message them - even the audio option is unintelligible, with it speaking over itself!

Screen grab just to show I'm not an idiot! :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 12:54:31 AM »
Hi,

No one said you were an idiot, I totally appreciate your frustration here, it's just overwhelming some time to deal with the fast pace of Unity iterations... I haven't even fully explored Unity 4 potential and features, and Unity 5 is coming... Scary!

I have sent a message to him, so I am sure an update will follow shortly.

Bye,

Jean

jess84

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 09:23:20 AM »
Great, thanks.

I'm actually pretty happy with 4.3, and there's not much on the feature list that I'm excited about for 4.5.... however they're claiming that loading times and dealing with prefabs has been improved, and those 2 things are greatly welcomed - especially the loading times on mobile!