playMaker

Author Topic: Applying force  (Read 2233 times)

tim.holman

• 1.2 Beta
  • Playmaker Newbie
Applying force
« on: September 26, 2011, 01:29:53 PM »
I'm currently working on a golfing mini game that requires force to be added to the ball in a given state. I've added the appropriate amount of force and the ball does react as I desire. The problem is, it never stops rolling afterwards! No matter how much I crank up the drag and angular drag values under the rigid body settings, it continues to roll. I've also tweaked the values under the physics material, but it doesn't seem to help. I've ensured that "every frame" is unchecked under the add force action. I've tried applying force, accerlation, velocity change, and impulse, but they all seem to be reacting exactly the same.

The strange thing is, it seems to gain speed as it's rolling. I had it all working correctly before, but had to make some changes to the FSM's for practical purposes. Now I cannot seem to figure out what it is that I broke? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Applying force
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 12:21:33 AM »
Hi,

Try to cut the problem. Remove and disable behavior and install some debugging information on when you apply the force. That should help you locate the problem.

Bye,

Jean