playMaker

Author Topic: Photon Auto-Cleanup  (Read 3838 times)

cmy

• Playmaker Newbie
Photon Auto-Cleanup
« on: May 28, 2014, 08:33:45 PM »
Does anyone have any information on toggling the Photon AutoCleanup option? I'm not clear on where to find this in Playmaker. My game is currently destroying all the game objects of the disconnected player which is a huge problem. A few months ago, when I first started networking my project with Photon, I had the opposite problem where I couldn't get any objects to delete themselves upon Player disconnect but I overcame this with an FSM I conjured up.

Since then the game has evolved into a procedurally generated gameboard which instantiates itself at game start for all players to share. When the master disconnects, the gameboard decides to leave as well which is bad. My FSM still fires properly but it's doing absolutely nothing now whether it's enabled or disabled because no matter who leaves the game, they take all their game objects with them. I looked more into and it appears that Auto Cleanup is the culprit but I can't find any reference to it in Playmaker.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I was also wondering if we could get a Photon section for the forum since Playmaker fully supports it?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 08:35:57 PM by cmy »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Photon Auto-Cleanup
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 02:07:41 AM »
Hi,

Good request. I'll add it to the current beta.

Bye,

Jean

cmy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 03:13:49 PM »
That's great, Jean! Thanks, any idea when we can expect the next Playmaker release?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 07:55:25 AM »
Hi,

PlayMaker 1.8 is going to be a long cycle, so I may release the photon update sooner, I'll see with Alex on how best to approach this.

Bye,

Jean

cmy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 12:46:36 PM »
I'll be waiting anxiously, much appreciated.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 07:53:26 AM »
Hi,

auto Clean up is now available with the latest version on the Ecosystem.

Let me know how it goes!

Bye,

Jean