playMaker

Author Topic: Fsm Editor with tabbed of opened fsm [accepted]  (Read 5587 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Fsm Editor with tabbed of opened fsm [accepted]
« on: September 28, 2011, 01:27:05 AM »
Hi,

I'd welcome a tab system of opened fsm just like web browsers, so that the current fsm I am working on are directly accessible, instead of having to select the GO and then the fsm. Here I would simply open the few fsm I am working on for a given task and easily switch between them.

Bye,

Jean
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:40:09 PM by alexchouls »

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
Re: Fsm Editor with tabbed of opened fsm
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 02:37:53 AM »
Fantastic idea. I've been trying to think of ways to flip between a few selected graphs (FSM views) easily and this is a great idea.

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 01:19:14 PM »
Now do you mean on each object or just in general?

if in general then maybe it could be like a stack that they just cycle through or you could choose to replace the current one in the tab or open a new tab.. probably better.. Yes i would enjoy this.

Q

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 03:14:15 PM »
Would the tabs essentially show recently opened FSMs? Also allowing you to close/remove a tab.

I'd want to keep the existing dropdowns and add the tabs as an alternate selection method...

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 07:49:14 PM »
I don't personally use drop down that displays all the FSMs (I do use the drop down for the selected object though of course) as I have way too many FSMs in my game and I find it hard to shift through the whole list (and my game is not even that big of a project compared to others). But I understand if you want to keep it. The drop down that shows all FSMs in the project would be a lot more useful to me if I could sort out which FSM I want by typing in the first few letters like in the Action Browser.

As for the tabs, do you use Total Commander? What if when you create a new tab, it just shows another view of the same FSM but if you click a gameobject it switches to that one. Then you would have two open tabs, one old one with the previously selected FSM and one with the newly selected FSM. And of course you could use the drop-down to select others.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 02:06:55 AM »
Hi alex,

Yes, don't remove the existing ways to access fsm, like you said, I mean just a way to access the the last few ones I opened for quick navigation.

Bye,

Jean