playMaker

Author Topic: Custom Action List  (Read 4048 times)

zephyr7

• Playmaker Newbie
Custom Action List
« on: July 15, 2014, 12:09:48 PM »
Hey,

I love Playmaker and use it for a whole ton of stuff, and I do have a little suggestion.

It would be awesome to have a category (or a separate Actions List window) for favorite actions/for custom categories, that is not based on the categories specified in each action script.

For example if I'm working on cutscenes. I know I'd want activate GO, some transform/path actions, animator play and actions for my dialogue system mostly, but they are all in separate categories, so fetching them all from the actions list will take more time than it should.
It'd just be a huge advantage to have them all right next to each other in a custom list instead!

And if i'm working on AI or GUI stuff there'd be another different small pool of actions that I'd use frequently... Again I'd be at a huge advantage if I already had custom lists of actions that i usually use for these ready, separate from the vast amounts of actions in the list that I wouldn't use in that case.

I know we can just change the category of an action in it's script. It's a good start but it's kind of a big hassle, and it would probably lead to problems when everyone in a team would categorize their actions differently, and you'd have to make duplicates of the actions to get them in more than one category. And then if you update Playmaker your actions could get overwritten and your categories would be back to default.

So yeah, I just wanted to suggest this, because I feel it would make working with Playmaker even faster :)   Thank you for this awesome tool!

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Custom Action List
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 12:37:52 PM »
I agree, that's a good suggestion!

I usually don't work with the action browser open, so I just double click in the inspector panel and start typing the name of the action I want. I suppose if there were "custom lists" of actions then I might leave the panel open and just draw from the action browser by clicking instead. Certainly could be useful, and yes - changing/cloning individual actions for this is a very bad idea.

Variable categories are coming in 1.8, so you'll probably like those =)
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

zephyr7

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 01:41:12 PM »
Glad some likes the suggestion already :D

Variable categories are coming in 1.8, so you'll probably like those =)

Definitely looking forward to that for some of my more complex FSMs! Sweet!

sushipool

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 11:52:48 AM »
can you make a action
sort int flot values highest to low order
accending and decending the values

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 11:08:31 AM »