playMaker

Author Topic: Inactive actions are executed  (Read 10182 times)

karold

• Playmaker Newbie
Inactive actions are executed
« on: August 01, 2014, 07:55:19 AM »
Hi,
We're porting our game to WP8 and discovered one issue with PlayMaker - we had some disabled actions on some states and it looks like on wp8 they are being executed despite that fact. It works ok for iOS and Android.

Removing those actions fixes the issue.

Are you aware of this, is there any workarond/solution (other than digging through every state in the game and removing by hand disabled actions)?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Inactive actions are executed
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 03:57:49 PM »
I'll investigate this here and let you know what I find...

erniesbot

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 09:13:32 AM »
Just wondering if this issue has been resolved yet?

I know I could run a test to check this but I wont have access to my WP8 device for another week or so. (Girlfriend borrowed it!)

If not, i'll start looking for and removing those actions now! :)

Cheers

erniesbot

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 05:59:32 AM »
Hi, just tested this using the latest version from the assets store (Unity 4, PM 1.7.8.3) and disabled actions are still running :(

Dont get me wrong, you guys have a brilliant product here and superb support but should this not be a priority issue?

For good practice I tend to remove any unnecessary actions as I go along anyway but for the sake of quality control before a release I am going to have to manually go through every FSM in my entire game to check (and there is a LOT of them), unless there is some kind of clever scripted way I could do this?

Cheers

:)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 07:14:53 AM »
Hi,

Can you reference what action is exposing this issue? I tested few and they are all fine. when inactive in state they don't perform at all.

Maybe some actions are having this problem indeed, so it's important to precise which one.

Bye,

Jean

erniesbot

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 11:29:52 AM »
Hi Jean!

Here is my example scene, really simple. Using a touch event to trigger a few typical actions, then a second wait before reloading.

All the actions are disabled in the editor yet all of them trigger when deployed to my device (Lumia 635)

Any advice greatly received! :D

erniesbot

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 10:13:29 AM »
Any further update on this guys? This has sort of put a halt on the project.

If there is nothing that can be done for the time being that's fine I'll have to man up and go through each FSM but if you are nearing a solution I'll hold off and save myself the pain :)

Cheers

« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 10:15:43 AM by erniesbot »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 08:56:43 PM »
I can confirm the bug, but have yet to track down the cause - it's a very strange bug :(

I'll try to find some time to look into it more this week. Are you in the playmaker beta group?

erniesbot

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 06:05:43 AM »
Thanks that would be great. No how would I join?

LogLady

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 09:24:26 AM »
I think it is the very same bug that I reported here: http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=9134.0

It only happened when I upgraded to unity 5 and installed the Rewired actions but I think that it's not the problem as I upgraded the Playmaker and the bug simply vanished. I was exporting to Windows .exe but now I can't reproduce the bug.