playMaker

Author Topic: Went from Unity 4.5 to 4.3.4 and now Playmaker is borked  (Read 1695 times)

mslinklater

• Playmaker Newbie
  • Boom !
    • CurlyRocket
Went from Unity 4.5 to 4.3.4 and now Playmaker is borked
« on: August 01, 2014, 11:16:03 AM »
Hi - I've been forced to move from Unity 4.5 to 4.3.4 and now when I load my project I'm no longer able to use Playmaker. When I select PlayMaker->PlayMaker Editor from the menu bar nothing happens. The state machines inside my project also no longer seem to be running. I've tried deleting the Library and ProjectSettings folders and this doesn't fix anything.

If I create a new project and add Playmaker to it everything works fine.

There is not console output to say why PlayMaker isn't working... can anyone help ?

Thanks.

mslinklater

• Playmaker Newbie
  • Boom !
    • CurlyRocket
Re: Went from Unity 4.5 to 4.3.4 and now Playmaker is borked
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 11:47:08 AM »
After fiddling with the layouts I got a 'Failed to destroy editor windows: #5' error on the console, which listed FsmEditorWindow and FsmActionWindow... now I seem to be able to get those windows to show.

Some of my state machines are totally goosed though... I'm guessing this is because the serialization changed between 4.3.4 and 4.5 and it's failing to deserialize the state machines created with 4.5 properly into 4.3.4.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 02:53:01 PM »
Hi,

Yep, it's generally totally not recommanded to go back in time with Unity versions, nor with PlayMaker.

What makes you want to come back to 4.3.4?

Bye,

Jean

mslinklater

• Playmaker Newbie
  • Boom !
    • CurlyRocket
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 05:13:25 PM »
We're starting PS4 dev and that's the most recent version supported. So far we've been working on desktop with 4.5 but we need to roll back to 4.3.4 to keep the platforms in sync. Roll on 5.0 I say 8)