playMaker

Author Topic: Some transitions changing.  (Read 2514 times)

Red

Some transitions changing.
« on: August 01, 2014, 03:34:48 PM »
So, I know that what with using the Conditional expression system and some ecosystem actions that it's going to be making it hard to narrow down where this is actually coming from but I'm more saying this to just make it known that this is happening.

What I've got are prefabs that I'm working on... And sometimes whenever I change transitions/events around, it's changing them up on me when I log back in to Unity or sometimes even when I simply go to a different FSM.

To clarify, the versions that I'm running (in case that helps things) are as follows.

Unity: 4.3.4 f1 (Indie version.)
Playmaker: 1.7.7 f6
Conditional expression: Current version as listed in the OP of the "Conditional expression" forum posting.

Current ecosystem actions:
Float Lerp (though I have others installed but not currently being used in this scene. Do you think that these would need to be listed as well? I can see about posting a list if you think it would.) Oh, and this one I have modified to use the fixed update instead of the update when it is activated. No idea if that even did anything but it does bear mentioning methinks.

I know it's not a massive game-breaker because all I have to do is change them back... But I would like to see this resolved since I'm hoping to make this a sell-able asset pack as well as a game and I'd not want to have any potential customers face an issue like this which would probably leave them feeling nonplussed if not frustrated and angry.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 03:36:20 PM by Red »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Some transitions changing.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 03:08:41 PM »
Are you talking about graph edits (adding transitions, setting transition events) or action edits (event selection in actions)?

Trying to narrow down a repro case...

Red

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 07:05:54 PM »
Graph events... Mostly it would happen if I add a new event and change things around such as adding in a new event that's a better name than what I had previously... then changing it and then removing the old event... And the new event is inserted into other FSMs

For example, I had a set of states with "initialize" and changed one FSM separate from those... When I logged back in the next day those "Initialize" events were changed to the new event. So, it might be something in the way that the events are handled like an address system (I suspect it may be that events are handled on a sort of identity basis in the event browser or the events list in the graph editor and the changing around is not updating the right event identifyer or something like that.)

I know it's a shot in the dark and it's not a common occurrence but when it happens I tend to be floundering around the systems trying to hunt down what has changed and what hasn't.

It usually happens with items that are made into prefabs as well... So, is it possible that that prefab apply issue mentioned a while back is what's manifesting here?

blackant

• http://blackantmaster.com
    • blackantmaster.com
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 12:29:06 PM »
I have also this problem

while working on some objects others can soudennly be affected by undesired modifications...

this problem is often and cause to have to check it regulary to be sure to not lose anything.
i 'm not using ecosystem, cause i don't know what is it for, but it happens...

what i have noticed is that like on the screen it refer directly to a prefab instead of the global variable, and this prefab has nothing to do here.
you can see camera instead of Global/Player/Player
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 12:31:11 PM by blackant »