playMaker

Author Topic: Creating a turn-based game  (Read 2778 times)

Wizard1200

• Playmaker Newbie
Creating a turn-based game
« on: August 07, 2014, 03:50:57 PM »
Is it possible to create a turn-based game, including grid based movement and attacks, with the current version of Playmaker? I ask, because it seems that only real-time actions are supported.

escpodgames

• Assets
Re: Creating a turn-based game
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 09:25:55 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong Jean.
The Photon turn-based actions are being made or have been made (based on the Trello task tracker). Whether we have to also wait for Playmaker 1.8 is unknown (I would assume so)

In short, soon!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 03:04:23 AM by LampRabbit »

Wizard1200

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 03:02:56 AM »
Thank you very much for the information.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 07:25:28 AM »
Hi,

Indeed it's currently cooking. I am not going to lie, I am still far from a finished and presentable version, but I am getting there. The big issue I want to solve is to create a generic enough system to avoid scripting, since a big deal of logic for the gameplay is obviously running on the server and so server side scripting is almost inevitable in the case. It's not mandatory of course, because the only reason would be security ( for players not to try and cheat the system), as well as code base efficiency, so I scratch my head over this atm. But I can already connect and create games, handle basic communication to the server and soon I'll be able to send event between players.

Yes, it will only become available after 1.8, but good chances are that 1.8 will be out before I am ready anyway :)

Bye,

Jean