playMaker

Author Topic: New Playmaker Video Tutorial Series!  (Read 66998 times)

Xtopher

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
    • Well Played Games
Re: New Playmaker Video Tutorial Series!
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2012, 10:39:59 AM »
Feels great to get the iOS series out for you all!  I know a lot of people have been clambering for it

justifun

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2012, 03:57:51 PM »
Thank you so much, They have been such a huge help!

lol, so what are you working on next? hehe

Xtopher

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
    • Well Played Games
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2012, 04:34:02 PM »
Ha!  Hmmmm......  what do you think I should work on next?  ;)

justifun

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2012, 04:35:14 PM »
Networking!

brendang

• Junior Playmaker
    • Out to Play Interactive
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2012, 09:53:56 PM »
you need to go on a vacation. find sun and sand...insert toes = enjoy life.   (the only float you should think about is the float you use to float your beer in the pool.

then come back and do do something cool  ;)

great job on the vids! Chris Orth gets 2 beers for his great narration.

gamedivision

« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2012, 05:27:51 PM »
could you make a tutorial on a thumb stick and buttons controlling a character for ios

thanks

terrymorgan

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2012, 07:26:35 PM »

What do you think I should work on next?

Unquote

The unitypackages that go with your tutorials, especially the keycard one!

gamedivision

« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2012, 05:08:41 AM »
Firstly I'd like to voice my opinion,because I've been asking for the scene files for the tutorial for ages now,and I'd payed for both these tutorials,secondly as great as these tutorials are I'm a little miffed that a, you can't be bothered to communicate with your customers and b,you didn't even ask if your original customers where happy with you giving away your tutorials which people have already payed for,when you sign an agreement with someone you cant include the tutorials that have already been on sale without prior concent for the people that have already payed for them,and anyone that has payed are entitled to a full refund,
Do you know what, I wouldn't mind but the fact I've been asking for the scene files for over 2 months now and still you haven't replied ,jars me even more,so you either send me the file or refund me for both tutorials I've payed for,more important than any product is customer support.
When I say scene files I mean the ones at the end of the tutorial,where the hole project is put into place on the introduction To game design with playmaker And unity

Thank you
 >:(

Xtopher

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
    • Well Played Games
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2012, 12:06:51 PM »
I'm a little miffed that a, you can't be bothered to communicate with your customers

I'm sorry you felt frustrated enough to air your grievance on this public forum, but since you did I will reply.  I only ask that we resolve any further matters offline so as not to ruin this otherwise very friendly and informative thread for everyone else.  :)

I do communicate with customers and viewers daily, and spend a lot of time answering questions, taking suggestions, and thanking them for kind feedback.  I am sorry you are unhappy.  In our emails I have offered to help with your problem.  You have refused that help and instead have been demanding that I send you new content.

when you sign an agreement with someone you cant include the tutorials that have already been on sale without prior concent for the people that have already payed for them

You are operating under a misunderstanding of how commerce works.  When you purchase something it doesn't give you legal rights to control that content in any way, only to use and benefit from it.  Paying customers benefitted from the content months before anyone else did, and get to keep hi-res versions of the video files.  Publishing the earlier tutorials for free is part of an arrangement that guarantees that everyone gets not only series 3 for free, but also all further content I make from this point on!  It's a great deal for everyone, and will get a lot more video content produced than would have been before.  I'm not negating the value of previous content, I'm adding what I feel is a tremendous amount of new content.  For everyone.  For free.

I've been asking for the scene files for over 2 months now and still you haven't replied

It's not fair to say I haven't replied.  I just haven't replied in the way you have been wanting.  ;)  The scene files were not part of the original packages.  That was made clear before the point of purchase.  I have had a few people ask for them though, including yourself, so I made sure to produce Series 3 with a downloadable file, complete with assets and scenes for each example in the videos.  Every FSM state has been commented, for even more explanation of their workings.  That file is available right now at:

http://www.hutonggames.com/tutorials_ios_fundamentals.php

Because Series 1 and 2 were produced in an "as you watch" style instead of the "guided tour" style of series 3, there are not project files to share that would match the videos exactly or make sense to the user.  To generate them would require a lot of extra time, and I instead decided to spend that time on developing the new iOS series (and general business activities that must be engaged in).

gamedivision, please, if you want help with parts of the tutorials just email me and I will help!  But I can't guarantee that I will produce new content for you on demand.  ;)

gamedivision

« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2012, 12:37:28 PM »
look i dont want to get into an argument,i ask you for the scene files you replied many others have ask for them as well,soon as i get round to it ill give them out,that was the last i heard from you,if giving out the files wasn't on your agenda then why didn't you say that in the email,sorry im not giving out the scene files.
then i wouldn't of kept asking, and you wouldn't of kept ignoring my emails,and its taken till now for you to reply.
would it really hurt you to of sent the one file i ask politely for in the first place,what would that have taken ehh maybe 5 mins of your time,i mean you just said you offered me your help anyway,im sure it would of been much quicker.
every single tutorial ive ever bought comes with scene files,you have to cater for every need,some people take longer to learn than others,some people learn quicker with actual scene files infront of them surly you should understand that being its your job.
i appreciate your tutorials they are good,but 1 scene file a couple of months down the line and you still couldn't send it.and now your moaning that it was never included,i know it wasnt included otherwise i wouldnt of had to ask for it.
i just thought you would of had some professionalism,and customer care to bother helping your customers out.
point to self never speculate someone is good at there job.

terrymorgan

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2012, 03:09:31 PM »
Here's the Health pickup

http://terrymorgan.net/playmaker/tutorials/health_pickup_orth/health_pickup_orth.unitypackage

Attached is the breakable objects, enjoy!

gamedivision

« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2012, 05:33:58 AM »
Has anyone been given the scene file for 11 - Access Control, Clicking and Quests,if so could they please share the file.this scene file is pretty key to that tutorial ,it could really help with the learning curve for playmaker
 ;D

Thank you

terrymorgan

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2012, 09:47:53 AM »
#1, the .scene file does nothing,you want a .unitypackage, make one by selecting the scene file in project
view and 'assets/export package, don't include the playmaker.dll. Here's what I have, parts of it work, but
I think I'm going to make a simpler one (just get the key to open this door) using this as a model. Check Jean
Fabre's posts, he often includes packages with them.

http://terrymorgan.net/access_control_orth.unitypackage
1.6MB

gamedivision

« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2012, 10:15:22 AM »
thanks for unitypackage,
am i missing something but when i collect the key on the left it doesnt register ive collected it,plus there is no way of pressing the buttons to open the door.apologies if ive missed something
and thanks once again

#1, the .scene file does nothing,you want a .unitypackage, make one by selecting the scene file in project
view and 'assets/export package, don't include the playmaker.dll. Here's what I have, parts of it work, but
I think I'm going to make a simpler one (just get the key to open this door) using this as a model. Check Jean
Fabre's posts, he often includes packages with them.

http://terrymorgan.net/access_control_orth.unitypackage
1.6MB

terrymorgan

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2012, 08:12:44 PM »
am i missing something
unquote

No, it doesn't work right, I've asked Christopher Orth to fix it, but I guess we're on our own, why
I'm going to do it over with 1 button/keycard, or just a key.