playMaker

Author Topic: ArrayMaker and Sprites?[SOLVED]  (Read 4318 times)

Jacob Falling

• Playmaker Newbie
ArrayMaker and Sprites?[SOLVED]
« on: November 08, 2014, 04:05:08 PM »
First post, so I have to thank you so much for PlayMaker and all the support that's provided in these forums. I'm still relatively new to Unity and PlayMaker, but am thrilled with how much I've been able to learn and build in a small amount of time.

I have been working with PlayMaker and the Unity UI now available in 4.6 (currently beta). Even without custom actions, it's been working very well with simple get/set on the components.

In a character creation GUI interface, I have a character portrait which dynamically switches based upon multiple choices the character makes in the menus (class, race, etc).

In order to drive the changes without some very messy state machines and logic, I have been using ArrayMaker to store images and a state machine to detect the changes in criteria and select the proper image.

Unfortunately, ArrayMaker does not seem to be capable of storing sprites, which is how the image component stores images.

My fix has been simply to use the Raw Image GUI component, and then store and pass everything as textures, and this is fine for this instance.

Nevertheless, is there a way to modify ArrayMaker to store sprites? I have some 2D applications where this would be preferable.

Thanks again to everyone here!

-Jacob
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:49:23 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: ArrayMaker and Sprites?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 01:43:09 AM »
Hi,

You could study arrayMaker code and see how I implemented the "audio" custom variable.

I have made this entry in the arrayMaker task in the trello board.

https://trello.com/c/jPAktQDt/77-arraymaker-update

please up vote :)

I am swamped ( as always it seems and more than ever...) so please bump from time to time to get my attention.

typically, the hopefully soon release of PlayMaker 1.8 will have built in array support and in there you will be able to create an array ot type "object" which then lets you store anything really.

after that it my be a question of creating few custom actions to work with sprites. Please open requests on these and I'll work on them.

Bye,

Jean

Jacob Falling

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 07:56:05 PM »
Jean,

Thank you so much for your reply!

I'd honestly be inclined to wait for the object type in Playmaker native arrays, especially since I have a work around and 4.6 is still in beta.

Right now I'm happily wading into ArrayMaker/Playmaker/Easy Save 2 and fully appreciating that integration.

Thank you again for the great work!

Jacob

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 04:00:42 AM »
Hi,

yeah 1.8 is lurking round the corner and indeed the new array type is very powerful and indeed a lot more integrated then ArrayMaker, I am now using ArrayMaker only for hashtables really.

Bye,

Jean

Dev_Sebas

• 1.2 Beta
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 12:34:44 PM »
+1 for this:"typically, the hopefully soon release of PlayMaker 1.8 will have built in array support and in there you will be able to create an array ot type "object" which then lets you store anything really." :D
Cheers
Seb

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 02:09:27 PM »
Hi,

FsmArray will actually only let you store current Fsm Variables, not everything litteraly speaking, so unfortunatly, it's not going to let you store audio, or animations, and so forth. These will still need some work around.

Bye,

JEan

Dev_Sebas

• 1.2 Beta
    • Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 05:58:41 PM »
 :-\
If they support any type of variable(sound, sprite, etc) that would be nice.

PS: Not even FSMObjects? ::)
Cheers
Seb
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 06:00:25 PM by SebastiĆ£o »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 01:41:10 AM »
Hi,

FsmObject yes, but other types will first need to exist on their own as FsmXXX.

Bye,

Jean

Dev_Sebas

• 1.2 Beta
    • Blog
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 10:32:18 AM »
Well I may achieve my goals with just FSMObjects, they are really powerful.
Thanks for the information.
Cheers
Seb

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 09:49:14 AM »
Hi,

The latest version of ArrayMaker now supports Sprites.

Bye,

Jean