playMaker

Author Topic: Trigger enter 2D reacts as trigger STAY  (Read 3257 times)

markadet

• Playmaker Newbie
Trigger enter 2D reacts as trigger STAY
« on: December 16, 2014, 11:06:31 PM »
Hi ! I'm a big fan of Playmaker, it does nicely all I want and I'm making all my game with it (curently a Wonderboy-like). One of the thing I like the most is the possibility of seeing precisely where the game bugs, and so far it's working great.

But there is one bug i fail to understand : my object reacts to "trigger enter 2D" as if it was "trigger stay" (repeats activating while the trigger is in). I thought it was a known or "normal" bug (playmaker 2D being a plugin...), so I changed my code to work in this condition... But when I build my project (in HTML5) & test it, then the "trigger enter 2D" is back to normal, and works no longer like a "trigger stay".

Do someone knows how this can be ? Thanks in advance.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Trigger enter 2D reacts as trigger STAY
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 12:54:04 AM »
Hi,

Even if it's a plugin, it should not have bugs :) never hesitate to report an odd behavior or simply to confirm if it's a bug or feature...

Do you have several colliders on the same GameObject or its childs?

Bye,

Jean

markadet

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 01:49:15 AM »
never hesitate to report an odd behavior or simply to confirm if it's a bug or feature...
Honestly, I could have done this sooner if the registration in playmaker forum was'nt so hard (I didn't know the shortkeys in Unity asked to prove I was not a robot... Philip K. Dick stuff I think  ;D I had to google it and search a little)

Do you have several colliders on the same GameObject or its childs?
The object has one collider (box collider 2D). it has 3 children, each one with  1 collider (player detect ; attack range ; attack). The problem I'm talking about is on the child "player detect", a simple "box collider 2D" and a FSM waiting for "trigger 2D event".

markadet

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 03:07:40 PM »
So.... Is there a known problem with "trigger 2D" if there are several colliders ? (one box collider on parent, and one on each child)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 02:11:15 PM »
Hi,

Let me spend some more time on this. I vaguely remember I bumped into this ( I think I did at least), when I started the 2d platformer port to Playmaker, but I checked today and it was all fine. SO I need to investigate more.

Bye,

Jean

markadet

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 02:43:01 AM »
Thank you so much !  :)

Let me know if you need more information about my settings.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 02:31:26 AM »
Hi,

yeah, I will need more info, as all my tests are vey solid and don't expose this issue.

I tried several 2d colliders on the same gameobject, tried with and without rigidbodies, tried with children with colliders, etc, and the triggers are fired as expected.

Bye,

Jean